Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: LEH out in BC

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
LEH out in BC
      #14692 - 13/05/04 01:23 AM

I picked up the Limited Entry Synopsis yesterday and thought I would share what is available to residents under the system. A total of ten species is available: bison, caribou, elk, grizzly, moose, mountain goat, mountain sheep, mule deer, white-tailed deer, and turkey. For bison, grizzly, and turkey, a draw is the only opportunity to hunt these animals. The others either let one hunt in a closed area, before or after the open season, without antler restictions, or females. Someone may find it interesting to note that by definition a resident is :

"2) a person who is not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, but whose only or primary residence is in British Columbia, and has resided in B.C. for the 12 month period immediately before making an application under the Wildlife Act or the regulations or doing another thing relevant to the operation of the Wildlife Act."

Not too bad a place to retire if one is into hunting.

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
Re: LEH out in BC [Re: AdamTayler]
      #16869 - 19/07/04 02:18 AM

I received my thin envelope from the Ministry of Water, Land and Air Protection telling me I was unsuccessful in my draws. Species and odds were as follows: Bison 176.1:1, Mule deer 8.4:1, Whitetail 5.6:1, Elk 216.5:1, Mountain goat 9.7:1, Moose 10.4:1, Mountain sheep 84.5:1. I was surprised the sheep odds were so low. I'm sure they will increase next year. Fortunately there are open seasons for most of the species so I can still get out this fall.

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

577Enfield
.275 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: BC-Canada
Re: LEH out in BC [Re: AdamTayler]
      #22365 - 18/12/04 04:13 PM

the Bison I miss out on every year, but always put in for it because one day it will happen, and what a hunt it will be.

This year I got a mule deer doe and a cow elk draw, both for private land. The doe fell to my 577 Snider-Enfield, and the elk will be later(closes the end of February). Hopefully with the same rifle, or the Martini-Henry. We can only take one mule deer buck every second year here now, so the doe draws are a good filler!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1091

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com