Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Endangered species

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Endangered species
      #143 - 29/12/02 11:23 PM

Hi guys,
Hope you all had a good weekend?
Now the big question.
Will you guys hunt endangered species like the elephant or sable or lion.What is your opinion on this issue.
My answer is yes I would.In the most cases the figures we get from government agencies about endangered game is false.Like here in S-Africa they say the Leopard is endangered but they are spotted around our capital city Pretoria.In Cairo Egypt the residents noticed that their dogs just dissapear but it was found that it was leopard that was on the hunt.Now Cairo and Pretoria is the one of the furtherest places away from each other in Africa,it's like New York and Mexico.Is this just all coincidence?I don't think so.
It's not hunters like us that drain the resourses but poachers and illigal hunting.Like they say "...in the country of the blind men the one eye is king..."

First Previous 2-6 of 6 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Way i understand it just depends which area of africa you are at if those tuskers are endangered.........But to anwser your question yes i would and animals have been going extint since time

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hello from Montana, It all depends on how many of that species is left. If it is less then say 1000 animals then no I would not hunt that species I would let them build up to a huntable number We need to protect the animals we hunt from extinction, otherwise there would be nothing left to hunt.

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hunt375,
Here in South-Africa the hunters are the protectors.As long as you go about the right way and get the right permits etc before the hunt then there is control over hunting all species.In this way the national nature conservation can determine what is hunted where and when.It is the poachers here in Africa that is doing the damage.Maybe we must put them on the endangered species list then they'll shoot each other.

Bigfive

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Yes I would hunt all three or four you mention - ie sable, leopard, lion and elephant. None of these are endangered, but I would only hunt them where there are decent conservation controls. Some of them are endangered in PARTS of their range but it is usually due to illegal poaching for commercial reasons and also due to habitat encroachment.

Sporting hunting is one of the best ways to give a true VALUE to wildlife and also if some of the funds reaches the local community provides true benefits to them. If the wild animals have no monetary value to the locals then they are just "Nyama" or meat, or even worse pests to be destroyed.

Someone just loan me (permanently if possible) the thousands of dollars you need for trophy and daily fees and I will be onto them like a rocket and doing my "bit" for conservation :-) . Hoping to fit a sable in later this year, but it will be a stretch.

Nitro

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

You get here and i will take care of your fee to hunt (lic)

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Re: Endangered species [Re: Prev_Forum]
      #144 - 29/12/02 11:24 PM

Hello Big five. I like your idea about the poachers. Lets open season
on them, And i agree with what you said.

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2270

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com