Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced !

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Tallchief
.300 member

Reged: 11/12/09
Loc: Colorado,USA
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: tinker]
      #148044 - 15/12/09 03:47 PM

I agree, and will contact the fellow in the gun room and ask him to open it up and tell me over the phone what he sees.......Thanks a lot for your help.signing off till tomorrow.
TC

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
      #148045 - 15/12/09 03:47 PM

I'd agree with Tinker.

Wait till they have got it in stock.

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: Matthew]
      #148064 - 16/12/09 04:54 AM

Quote:

I just called and was told the 577 and 600 are being made but EAA decided not to import them now, but might after the first of the year. My dealer said he still has the order showing pending for me and has not heard anything from EAA canceling the order. Who knows. I had hoped to get one and test its quality. Clearly a $3000 .600 NE double is a gamble. Oh well.

Matthew

You know, I'm not sure I'd want to shoot a 600NE double rifle that cost as little as $3000. That works for me with a small chambering that produces light recoil, but with a rifle that produces that amount of recoil, and costs only $3K, has to have quite a few corners cut, and the conection between the butt stock, and the action, being the weak point in a double rifle, is not a place where poor fitting is acceptable. In my experience the worse quality workmanship, in a cheap double rifle, seems to always be in the wood to metal fit. I think I'd need to look this thing over throughly before even considering a buy, especially at that price point. There are legitamate reasons why double rifles are expencive, and I for one do not expect too much from a 600NE double rifle that costs no more than $3K. Call me but I'm a mighty cautious man where big bore double rifles are concerned, since the double chambered for large bore cartridges are made for only one purpose stopping dangerous big game.

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Tallchief
.300 member

Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #148087 - 16/12/09 11:26 AM

Guys
I spent 30 minutes with the head of the Cabelas "Gun Roon" in Sydney Nebraska and this is the scoop on the extrator as seen in the paper manual. Those depicted in the manual futhor up in this chain are the Baikals and not the Sabatti. The Sabatti has a convetional looking large extractor with machined half circles for under the cartridge rim just as you expect them to be.

So this eliminates some of the confusion and surely my concern about that subjset.

With regard to regulating rounds, they are regulated using Winchester "Silver box" 45-70 300 grainers which of course means I will definately have to work up some loads as I do not feel 300s are accurate nor have enough stopping power for what I want to shoot.

Thanks All
TC

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: Tallchief]
      #148091 - 16/12/09 11:49 AM

That Winchester load will likely get about 1800fps with the 300gr bullet - if that's the newer 'sliver box' 300gr load.

You might luck out with the 400gr bullet and get similar velocity at proper regulation.

I wonder what the proof loads were for these rifles.
Someone had put up a link to proofhouse something-or-other.
Perhaps a look there will be helpful...

Cheers
Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Tallchief
.300 member

#148093 - 16/12/09 12:21 PM

I sure hope so, as I pretty much have only shot the 405gr for a long time,and it does everything I could ever imagine....I will knoe in FEB as that is when I get the gun (must pay for Christmas/children/grandchildren etc)
I have read most of the other forums, and just finished the one on "Accurate reloading" .seems many feel as I do. I really want/have wanted a double for most of my adult life (now 65) but could never really justify the ever climbing prices...........Hopefully this gun will shoot and work fine........I don't really think I could own one of those pretty ones anyway.........at least not and use it too
TC

BlainSmipy
.375 member

Reged: 24/11/05
Loc: Washington, USA
      #148151 - 17/12/09 01:39 AM

Heck, if these get any cheaper, the Chinese will start making them!!! Then we'll see $250.00 Walmart 470NE!

--------------------
You horde gold, I horde lead.

AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: BlainSmipy]
      #148164 - 17/12/09 04:55 AM

Maybe but I'd hate to see cheezy dragons and pagota's acid etched on them...

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

BlainSmipy
.375 member

Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: AkMike]
      #148165 - 17/12/09 05:29 AM

Quote:

Maybe but I'd hate to see cheezy dragons and pagota's acid etched on them...

Naw, how about the Obama commemorative version!! But only in .510 and bigger!! LOL!!

--------------------

Tallchief
.300 member

#148198 - 17/12/09 12:10 PM

Wow, you guys might be on to something!

I went to my local large gun store just to look over the DG (1) and it was a Blazer (sp) of something like that...horrific design with some kind of strange mechanism once you open the breech. The shop guy said it was to allow using the same rea helf with different caliber barrels??!! plus it had a way to "regulate" the barrels via set screws.....I don't believe I would want something that looked that contrived.
TC

BlainSmipy
.375 member

#148199 - 17/12/09 12:21 PM

Quote:

Wow, you guys might be on to something!

I went to my local large gun store just to look over the DG (1) and it was a Blazer (sp) of something like that...horrific design with some kind of strange mechanism once you open the breech. The shop guy said it was to allow using the same rea helf with different caliber barrels??!! plus it had a way to "regulate" the barrels via set screws.....I don't believe I would want something that looked that contrived.
TC

Yeah, that thing is truly Mickey Mouse. You'd have to test shoot it before you went hunting just to make sure the barrel didn't come unscrewed.

--------------------

BlainSmipy
.375 member

#148302 - 18/12/09 03:43 PM

Little birdie told me that the Sabatti's are made in Eastern Europe and finished in Italy. This is how they make them so cheap. Slave labor.

--------------------

AkMike
.416 member

#148312 - 18/12/09 07:39 PM

Have your little birdy find out where in eastern Europe. I'm in Ukraine now. I can tell you that labor is cheap here by western standards but the quality is right up there also.

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
      #148323 - 19/12/09 12:18 AM

could be the Italian company zoli made the side locks for holland and holland

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

BlainSmipy
.375 member

#148325 - 19/12/09 01:00 AM

Quote:

Have your little birdy find out where in eastern Europe. I'm in Ukraine now. I can tell you that labor is cheap here by western standards but the quality is right up there also.

Would not disagree with that.

--------------------

wbyman
.224 member

Reged: 22/04/06
      #171778 - 21/11/10 02:36 AM

Does anyone have a Sabatti .577 or .600 yet ?

peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: wbyman]
      #171788 - 21/11/10 03:07 AM

strangle that bird as it is blowing hot smoke in your direction, sabatti makes the rifles themselfs mostly cnc work and laser engraving, the action didnt hold up to the large calibers so the idea were scrapped, so you wont be seeing any 577 or 600 from them in this line, the 500 NE is the largest that comes from them.

but that is a very healty caliber as well

best

peter

doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: Matthew]
      #171803 - 21/11/10 07:28 AM

My experience in dealing with EAA, European American Arms Corp., or what is now called USSG, inc, United States Sporting Goods, Inc. of Florida, over the past four or five years, has been what I would call "flaky," to say the least. They sometimes tell you one thing, and later tell you another, and they seem to not be interested in dealing with individual customers, for parts or anything, showing arrogance, and a preference to want to only deal with gunsmiths or gun dealers. Cabelas obviously bought selling rights for the Sabatti rifles EAA imports, over the first two year period of importing them, but Cabelas have been selling such huge numbers of the higher grade Sabatti DRs, that I suspect that Cabelas will extend the two years selling rights to additional years. My opinion is that this is too bad that a good quality store chain across America, Cabelas, has to work with what appears to be a rather shady company, EAA. EAA doesn't make for an improved social gun relationship with America any better either, in my opinion. Perhaps I am completely wrong on all this assessment, so if that is the case, will someone set me straight on this matter? In my opinion, the Sabatti double rifle is a very good quality modern double rifle; the best buy on the market right now, for double rirles, comparable in many ways with Chapuis, at half its cost, and I like Chapuis too, as far as a modern double rifle goes, so it is just too bad that a good firm such as Cabelas has to stoop to EAA as one of its suppliers.

doubleriflejack
.333 member

Reged: 11/11/07
Loc: Oregon, U.S.A.
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: Sgt_Brown]
      #171804 - 21/11/10 07:53 AM

USSG, inc. lists the Sabatti color case hardened version 9.3x74R, and the .45/70, as does, Cabelas, in this cheaper model Sabatti, which has not sold well at all, certainly not as well as Cabelas and many of us thought that it would sell, but the deluxe model, the much better higher quality model, in .416 Rigby, .450/.400, .450, .470, .500 has sold extremely well (information from Cabelas itself). Now in the most recent Guns magazine, is an article showing and testing one of the Sabatti .45/70s, from USSG, inc, EAACorp, and supposed to be available from them, that is a smaller deluxe Sabatti model, like the aforementioned big bore deluxe model in all ways, but smaller; not listed at all on the "Flakey" Florida importer websites. Personally I never did get too excited about the cheaper color case hardened version of Sabatti, but I love the more expensive deluxe model, and found it ideal for upgrading via. custom work. The actions are of best quality modern alloy steel; workmanship is excellent. Best value for money in a very long time, as far as I can see.

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: doubleriflejack]
      #171825 - 21/11/10 06:46 PM

Hi Doubleriflejack,

I agree with your last two statements. I owned a Chapuis and now own a Sabatti in .450 N.E. 3.25" and is as good as Chapuis in the way they are made. My only objections are, the recoil pad is too hard and useless (since replaced) and with my one they used ammunition not available in Australia to regulate it but the regulation load has since been sorted out by Alex Beer.

In an earlier post about being "Drilled & Tapped" the four very tiny screws hold an additional bracket onto the rib which in turn has a 3/8" dovetail !!! so I got Alex Beer to machine the rib to take Recknagel bases and now I can fit the Q.D. mounts as I wanted.

I am about to send photo's and a letter to Sabatti with what Alex Beer has done as this is "Standard" from Chapuis and use Recknagel mounts and bases.

Cheers for now,

Jeff Gray

AkMike
.416 member

Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #171826 - 21/11/10 07:20 PM

Quote:

I am about to send photo's and a letter to Sabatti with what Alex Beer has done as this is "Standard" from Chapuis and use Recknagel mounts and bases.

Boy Oh Boy,,, You're trying to run Alex out of business! The 'son' might never be finished if he hears of this!

--------------------

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
      #171834 - 21/11/10 09:33 PM

Hi AkMike,

I don't think Alex would be doing them for the States and Alaska !!!! besides, it was a S..t of a job.... and as you would have read, I had to Plead with him to do it. Your a stirrer......

Cheers Mate,

Jeff

AkMike
.416 member

Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #171842 - 22/11/10 03:19 AM

Quote:

Your a stirrer......

Cheers Mate,

Jeff

LMAO! When ever possible!

--------------------

bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
      #171866 - 22/11/10 05:02 PM

i have a purchase order for a 600 dated 2009.i was the first to place an with the jerks from EAA TOILET PAPER HAS A MORE BINDING CONTRACT THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED.AND YOU will have them fix a double in trouble yea right....both cabelas and eaa should be boycotted

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

kamilaroi
.400 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: sydney, new south wales, Austr...
Re: NO Sabatti .577 or .600 nitro rifles will be produced ! [Re: bwananelson]
      #171870 - 22/11/10 07:42 PM

^So you've been done over again?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 69 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 35686

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com