Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Swarovski A-Line?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Swarovski A-Line?
      #142062 - 15/09/09 09:31 PM

Hello Folks,

The Cabala’s catalog features a 'Swarovski 1" A-Line Riflescope' for $900. On the Swarovski website the closest match I can find appears to be the Z3.

Does anybody know the Swarovski line well enough to shed some light? What is the “A-Line” and why is it so much less expensive than the other Swarovski rifle scopes? Are the A-Line 3-9x the Z3 3-9x the same scopes?

--------------------
Take care, Tom
NRA Life Member

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
93mouse
.375 member

Reged: 17/08/07
Loc: Slovenia
Re: Swarovski A-Line? [Re: Tatume]
      #142066 - 15/09/09 10:39 PM

A - line appears to be Habicht AV - here is a comparison of 3-9AV vs Z3 3-9x:

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/product-comparison

Basically Z3 has a better light transmission and parallax correction - it is a bit heavier than AV tho.

Der_Jaeger
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/08
Loc: SE Pennsylvania
Re: Swarovski A-Line? [Re: Tatume]
      #142067 - 15/09/09 10:48 PM

I just spoke with the folks at Swarovski this past weekend at the Griffin & Howe shoot at the Hudson Farm. The Z3 and Z5 are the same as the A-line. The names were changed to match the Z6 series. The only difference is that the Z3 has a slightly wider field of view than the A-line. Even though the previous version was designated as the "A" line to denote "American", it is still made in Austria as are the other Swarovski scopes. The name American was applied because of the one inch tube, which I happen to prefer anyway. If you find a new A-Line for less than you can a Z3, buy it.

Btw, I own two Swarovski A-Line 3-10x42s and love them. The Zeiss Conquest is also superbly accurate and clear and has an etched glass reticle.

--------------------

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Swarovski A-Line? [Re: Der_Jaeger]
      #142097 - 16/09/09 09:40 AM

Jerry:

Is the Conquest made or assembled in USA or Austria?

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Pigeon
.224 member

Reged: 05/11/08
Loc: Germany (mid)
Re: Swarovski A-Line? [Re: 9.3x57]
      #142358 - 20/09/09 01:14 AM

Well, the optic of the new Z3 is much brighter and has a more brilliant image then the older AV- line, but the AV is still a good choice...

I am looking forward a Z3 3-9x36 for my rimfire... :-)

--------------------
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.de

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Swarovski A-Line? [Re: Der_Jaeger]
      #142362 - 20/09/09 01:33 AM

Quote:

I just spoke with the folks at Swarovski this past weekend at the Griffin & Howe shoot at the Hudson Farm. The Z3 and Z5 are the same as the A-line. The names were changed to match the Z6 series. The only difference is that the Z3 has a slightly wider field of view than the A-line. Even though the previous version was designated as the "A" line to denote "American", it is still made in Austria as are the other Swarovski scopes. The name American was applied because of the one inch tube, which I happen to prefer anyway. If you find a new A-Line for less than you can a Z3, buy it.

Btw, I own two Swarovski A-Line 3-10x42s and love them. The Zeiss Conquest is also superbly accurate and clear and has an etched glass reticle.

All you stated above is what I have been told as well. A fella I went to Africa with a few years back was a rep for Swarovski-got the same explanation on the A-line.

I have several Swarovski's and love them. Not sure they are any more sturdy than say a Leupold, in fact, in my experience, the outside metal is not as sturdy as Leupold..but the glass is far superior, again , IMHO...everyones eye is different so we all see things differently...even blue eyed individuals see differently than brown ...so need to check them out as to what works best for you

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Der_Jaeger
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/08
Loc: SE Pennsylvania
Re: Swarovski A-Line? [Re: 9.3x57]
      #142413 - 20/09/09 10:04 PM

Quote:

Jerry:

Is the Conquest made or assembled in USA or Austria?

The Conquest is made here in America with the same German made glass that the Zeiss Victory scopes have. I'm really impressed with the Conquest.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4419

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com