Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Electronic predator call?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Electronic predator call?
      #140650 - 15/08/09 11:13 PM

Hello Folks,

Using an electronic predator call is something I had never even considered before today. My brother brought me a copy of “Fish-Fur-Game” with an article about calling alligators, and all of a sudden I have an interest. So I have two proposals for discussion:

1. What are your thoughts on electronic predator calls in general? Is the use sportsmanlike?

2. Which are the better models of electronic predator calls? What are the advantages of one versus another?

Thanks in anticipation.

--------------------
Take care, Tom
NRA Life Member

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: Electronic predator call? [Re: Tatume]
      #140655 - 16/08/09 01:24 AM

1. Here by us all recorded or electronic calls are banned, and as well as the only i had succes with is recorded crows.

2. The ones with remote from the us seems to be crap, but i have only seen and heard three of them.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
Re: Electronic predator call? [Re: 450_366]
      #140674 - 16/08/09 09:55 AM

i have used a portable plin old caset recorder called in fox ,dogs,owls any critter.tonight gator season starts i will try a mouth call and see what reaction i get

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

450_EXPRESS
.333 member

Reged: 04/01/09
Loc: S.C.Montana
      #140681 - 16/08/09 03:06 PM

I've always been fastinated with calling in things since I was a kid. Can be lots of fun and sometimes frustrating, some days nothing works, others it's like magic. I tried the cassette type years ago but still prefer hand calls. I think whether electronic is sporting or not is debatable. Here in Montana they're legal for predators and non-game, coyotes, fox etc, but illegal for fur-bearers and game, bobcat, bear mt. lion etc. My own opinion (in spite of what my wife says I can have an opinion if I want) is a guy with an electronic is a caller, like a disc-jockey is a musician.

I saw a show on TV where they were calling crocodiles, if I remember right, using the sound of baby crocs. The females responded from maternal instinct and the males for supper. I think if you can find a recording of young gators to listen to, I'll bet you can make a call based on the gourd and rope jaguar call to imitate the sound. I think that would be fun and possible to make work. A good raspy distress call might work too but I think a baby gator just might be the ticket.

bwananelson
.400 member

Reged: 08/10/07
Loc: DELTONA FLORIDA
Re: Electronic predator call? [Re: 450_EXPRESS]
      #140705 - 17/08/09 08:33 AM

i tried a call last night on a gator hunt after i filled my tag and i did get a positive response it turned and headed our way if we were quieter i think it would of come closer bur it was within casting range of a snatch hook.will try it again next week.but with more stealth and closer to shore,

--------------------
THERE ARE NO DO OVERS IN LIFE DONT LET A CHANCE AT A DREAM SLIP AWAY.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #144596 - 28/10/09 04:33 AM

Quote:

Hello Folks,

Using an electronic predator call is something I had never even considered before today. My brother brought me a copy of “Fish-Fur-Game” with an article about calling alligators, and all of a sudden I have an interest. So I have two proposals for discussion:

1. What are your thoughts on electronic predator calls in general? Is the use sportsmanlike?

2. Which are the better models of electronic predator calls? What are the advantages of one versus another?

Thanks in anticipation.

I like FoxPro--have tried others--one in particular has been horrible--its a Phantom---have sent it in for work more than I use it..however the FoxPro works great and NO problems to date..

the model I have does not have wires-but you can still put the call away from you and operate with a remote..you can get coyotes to come right in on top of you..20 ft or less...

Its a great time and a great way to spend the winters...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2053

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com