Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Double Rifle Pictures

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
mntrapper
.224 member

Reged: 16/04/04
Loc: Minnesota USA
Double Rifle Pictures
      #13837 - 22/04/04 12:23 PM

Alright guys lets see some of YOUR double rifles so I can, as well as other, do a little bit of drooling and dreaming.

Thanks alot

Andy

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Double Rifle Pictures [Re: mntrapper]
      #13841 - 22/04/04 01:57 PM

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Double Rifle Pictures [Re: mickey]
      #13854 - 22/04/04 03:50 PM

OK, you asked for it!

Jeffrey .450 No 2 NE

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (24/04/04 12:55 AM)

Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
      #13864 - 22/04/04 07:22 PM

Andy:
Here's four of mine:

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~orrs/JefferyStory.htm

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~orrs/TolleyStory.htm

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~orrs/GreenerStory.htm

http://www.australianhunting.net/library/oneoftheharderones.html

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

Spring
.300 member

Reged: 01/04/04
Loc: Georgia
      #13872 - 22/04/04 11:45 PM

Here's a picture of mine from when it was it featured in the Winter 2003 edition of The Double Gun Journal.

My .470

mntrapper
.224 member

Reged: 16/04/04
Loc: Minnesota USA
Re: Double Rifle Pictures [Re: Spring]
      #13875 - 23/04/04 12:42 AM

Thanks alot guys I had to get a bucket to keep the drool from getting the floor wet. Keep them comming.

They are all very very nice looking guns

AlaskanPH
.224 member

Reged: 31/03/04
Loc: Alaska
Re: Double Rifle Pictures & Zimbabwe 2003 [Re: Spring]
      #13881 - 23/04/04 03:42 AM

Spring,

I enjoyed looking at your Zimbabwe 2003 photos. My wife and I spent a month there on our first safari in June of 2001 and hunted buffalo in Dande North and plains game in an area outside of KweKwe. I then returned in November of 2003 on a cancellation lion hunt in the Makuti area and though my PH and I were intentionally deceived by the concession owner and we only saw two females and a young, two or three year old male, it was a fantastic trip and I had the opportunity to get an elephant and the camera man that joined me shot a nice dugga boy. I simply love Zimbabwe and the people I have hunted with there and am extremely disappointed and frustrated that Mugabe is driving his country right into the ground! Thus, like you, our next safari in 2006 will be to Tanzania. Have you decided who you will be hunting with in Tanzania?

So, you must have a Beretta model 455 - nice looking double! I am looking forward to using my Krieghoff .470 NE on my next safari and wish I had had it for the elephant, that would have been fantastic!

All the best,
Alaskan PH

470Nitro
.333 member

Reged: 17/09/03
Loc: Madrid - Spain
      #13883 - 23/04/04 05:02 AM

Here's my 9.3x74R

--------------------
-----
down by the river on a friday night
pyramid of cans in the pale moonlight
talkin' 'bout guns and dreamin 'bout women
never had a plan just a livin' for the minute

cchunter
.375 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Kinna, Sweden
Re: Double Rifle Pictures [Re: 470Nitro]
      #13884 - 23/04/04 05:15 AM

Video

--------------------

Christer Hansson

Spring
.300 member

Re: Double Rifle Pictures & Zimbabwe 2003 [Re: AlaskanPH]
      #13885 - 23/04/04 05:25 AM

AlaskanPH,
Yes, I am looking forward to hunting in Tanzania and will be taking my son there for a 21-day hunt in July of next year. We'll be hunting with Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris. Ever heard of them? We'll be hunting in two sections of Tanzania for lion, leopard, buffalo, and the variety of other species that make Tanzania unique. Who will you be hunting with on your trip?
Yes, it breaks my heart to hear of the ongoing tragedies in Zimbabwe. It is indeed a wonderful country that is being decimated by a foolish and ruthless leader. His idiotic federal policies have turned a country that was once Africa's breadbasket into a beggar state. The implications of their economic demise (poaching, habitat destruction, and irresponsible game management) to the remarkable game species that live in such a fragile ecological balance has to give all of us great concern about the long-term outlook for the future of many things that we hold dear in that special part of the world.
As for my double, yes, I'm looking forward to taking it to Africa! Actually I just bought it, which was shortly after the gun was used and featured in that magazine. This particular gun was also featured in the most recent edition (March/April issue) of Sporting Classics Magazine.
Sounds like you and I will both be ready to try big bores on our next trips!

Rusty
.333 member

Reged: 08/02/03
Loc: Missouri City, Texas
      #13886 - 23/04/04 06:23 AM

My A. Hollis 450/400 3 inch

26" barrels, ejectors, DT, Doll's Head

--------------------
Rusty
We band of brothers!

DRSS

Phil_in_the_UK
.275 member

Reged: 30/04/03
Loc: United Kingdom
      #13903 - 24/04/04 03:14 AM

My new baby, she’s by A Hollis in 450/400 3”, has 26” barrels and will be picked up a week today after having a little work to her stock.

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4180188013&url=http%3A//www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid109/p9e7e324fb512e0ca2d3078bfcefdf7fe/f9289b6d.jpg&caption=P4010017&album_id=4287282383&from_album=1

Regards

Phil

AlaskanPH
.224 member

Reged: 31/03/04
Loc: Alaska
Tanzania 2003 [Re: Spring]
      #13914 - 24/04/04 06:55 AM

Spring,

Yes, I have heard of and seen the advertisments for Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris but doubt know much about them, though I suspect they are a reputable and good outfit.

My wife and I are planning to go to Tanzania in November / December of 2006 on a 21 day safari for primarily lion, leopard and hippo, though I know I will have to probably shoot another one or two buffalo for lion bait and I would love to get another Sable to accompany the beautiful one I currently have. I also love hunting warthog and would like a chance at a Puku and Bushbuck. I am not entirely sure yet who I will be hunting with but I am seriously considering Paul Jelonek of Bundu Safaris. Have you ever heard of him?

Since you will be going before us, I will be interested to hear about your safari!

All the best,
Alaskan PH

Spring
.300 member

Re: Tanzania 2003 [Re: AlaskanPH]
      #13915 - 24/04/04 07:28 AM

Tanzania Game Tracker Safaris and Luke Samaras Safaris are the only two Tanzania safari companies I really considered. The more I looked into it the more those two stood out. I ended up selecting TGTS because they would allow my son to hunt with me as we tried to get only one bag of animals, as compared to having to purchase two if I used Luke. Since we are going to do everything together, I didn't think we'd have time to try to accumulate two fulls bags, as a result, Luke got scratched. I also think that TGTS's approach to lion selection (only shooting the most mature lions that are not with prides) sets them apart. This puts their hunters in a great position to have a chance at one of Africa's finest trophies. If an elephant was a priority, Luke may have come out on top as he hunts in the Selous, but we're going to hunt lion, leopard, and such, so the Selous wasn't necessary. It just seems that everyone I asked seemed to say that TGTS was the right safari company for what I was looking for when wanting a true classic East Africa safari with no short cuts.
I'm not familiar with Paul Jelonek. What can you tell me about him?

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4148

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com