Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: What to buy?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
M82A1Barret50Cal
.275 member

Reged: 12/04/04
Loc: ACT, Australia
What to buy?
      #13364 - 12/04/04 11:40 AM

I am looking for a good 1st shotgun for under $1500. Any recommendations? I am thinking either 12 or 20 Gauge, I would go with 20 except ammo is not very common in AUS. 12 Gauge will obviously be a shotgun that I will use for longer but at the moment I am just weighing up possibilities. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS
Have been shooting rifles for a few years, up to .300WM

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mntrapper
.224 member

Reged: 16/04/04
Loc: Minnesota USA
Re: What to buy? [Re: M82A1Barret50Cal]
      #13601 - 17/04/04 12:39 AM

I dont know what kind of regulations you guys have down there but if you are looking for a double shootgun the Browning Citori's are a very nice over/under. I have a Browning Gold Hunter and love it but that is a semi-auto and I am not sure if those are illegal down there or not. I also have a few Winchester shot guns and they are all pump shot guns they are very nice.

But if you are looking for a double I would really look into a Browning Citori they are very very nice looking shot guns and can get them in either a 12 or 20 gauge.

I dont know what you are going to hunt with it but I would go with a 12 that way you will not be under gunned and it sounds like the ammunition is more avalible.

M82A1Barret50Cal
.275 member

Reged: 12/04/04
Loc: ACT, Australia
Re: What to buy? [Re: mntrapper]
      #13662 - 18/04/04 04:09 PM

Yeah all semi-autos (except auto-loader handguns) are illegal in Australia, thanks for the advice, I posted the same thing on a couple of other forums and got a similar answer so it looks like the Citori is the way to go. I will mostly be hunting roos, rabbits & foxes so 12 Gauge is good, need a heavy load to use on roos (they are tough buggers).

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1867

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com