Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Ruger #1 scope mount

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Pages: 1
MichaelR
.224 member

Reged: 08/03/08
Loc: NE, US
Ruger #1 scope mount
      #135586 - 18/05/09 03:07 PM

On here or accurate reloading someone mentioned Mould's #1 scope mount and that brownells carried it. Well they dropped most of them, well half of them, the ones for the 1s and the 1h. I tried to do some searching to find the manufacturers website to find other dealers that carried them. But either I'm too tired or just off the ball, I can't seem to find either.

Mould also makes a speed lock hammer for the #1 and I can find that but see no real point in it.

anyone have a link or some info to help the search?

thanks all
mike

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Nick_Adams
.300 member

Reged: 20/12/03
Loc: USA
Re: Ruger #1 scope mount [Re: MichaelR]
      #135622 - 19/05/09 03:31 AM

Michael:

That might have been me ...

... and you're right: the Mould's I got from Brownells was for the #1S, although I'm not clear why one of others couldn't be made to work.

The Mould's is very nice because in addition to the extra mounting options to solve eye-relief issues, the bottom edge of the rear base is positioned approximately .250" from the front edge of the receiver - so as the barrel heats up from firing there's no contact occuring between the receiver and the mount so as to effect accuracy or change POI. Much better than Ruger's factory set-up.

Also, if you call Brownells, they can give you the specific contact information for the manufacturer of a product they carry or have recently carried even if discontinued. Way back, I got the phone # of a company from Brownells for another product I'd been trying to track down.

--------------------

Remember ...

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."

.300 H&H.

MichaelR
.224 member

Re: Ruger #1 scope mount [Re: Nick_Adams]
      #135624 - 19/05/09 04:39 AM

Thanks for the reply - I tried searching your posts to find it but it was after midnight gave up and searched brownells and found it. I think the difference is the way they mount to the rifle

"Easy, no gunsmithing installation, replaces the sight rib on Models 1A, 1S and 1H. Front base is machined to accept the factory rear sight leaf. Models for 1V and 1B replace factory bases." from brownells site.

Gonna call them now and find out. Thanks alot will post the contact info and pertinent info so others can find it

mike

Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Re: Ruger #1 scope mount [Re: MichaelR]
      #135631 - 19/05/09 06:43 AM

Michael,

I think the difference is likely to be the curvature of the underside of the base. The models of Ruger #1 rifles have different barrel contours. In fact, my #1H 375 H&H is different from my #1H 458 Win.

--------------------
Take care, Tom
NRA Life Member

MichaelR
.224 member

Re: Ruger #1 scope mount [Re: Tatume]
      #135635 - 19/05/09 08:46 AM

Well I got a hold of moulds. I'm sorry but i can't remember the gentleman's name, he stopped running the machine to answer the phone, he was a great guy to speak with. He said he still makes them and now that brownells dropped these items he's getting at least one call a month for the mounts (more then he's sold in years).

He asked where I heard about his mounts and directed him here, it turns out he designs these things for himself and then everyone wants them. He has some really rare single shots and double guns.

mike

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3206

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com