Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: CZ550FS Blooded.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
CZ550FS Blooded.
      #98979 - 12/03/08 02:54 AM

Getting a warmup and a meltoff now, and it was a wet, rainy day on my hike today. Took this rascalette at 125 paces wit a 160 grain Hornady RN on the up the big field at the base of the mountain. Anytime I can take one of these on a morning hike it is a real joy. Carry alot, shoot a little. First critter for the new CZ. As I slid to prone, I took time to crank the scope to 9x and set the trigger. She took a step just at the break of the trigger but dropped deader than Clinton's honor. I dragged it home to weigh it; 31 pounds on-the-hoof.

To me every day has its own special beauty. Seasons change...

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
88MauSporter
.375 member

Reged: 06/06/07
Loc: Alaska / Texas
Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: 9.3x57]
      #98988 - 12/03/08 04:40 AM

What a life. I sit here in my office. One window to a parking lot.
The rare trip to the wilder parts and the occasional time with no one in sight.
The chance is very rare to be able to hunt in such a place as you live.
You are correct. All seasons have a beauty.
Great looking rife and very nice job with hen rustler.

--------------------
"A hunter should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everthing goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." 88MauSporter

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: 88MauSporter]
      #98998 - 12/03/08 06:06 AM

Glad to see one bite the dust! At 0200 hours Saturday I had one yipping out the west side of the house. I grabbed my 10/22 and a bathrobe and went outside. It didn't come down to the chicken shed but I could hear it at a distance. I surmised it was chasing a deer over on the next ridge. Later that day when I got the snowshoes out I saw it had gone straight past the house and over the mountain.

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: AspenHill]
      #99012 - 12/03/08 08:30 AM

Way to go - looks a mite damp around there. We've still got 4' of snow on everything. Deeper, further from town - expecially only a few miles North.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: DarylS]
      #99023 - 12/03/08 11:44 AM

"Hen rustler"! Ain't that the truth.

My "Gals" {the Bard Rock hens} do indeed appreciate the effort, and maybe we'll get an extra egg tomorrow!

Yes, thank God, we do enjoy it here.

These yotes come and go. I counted 143 deer in the hayfield two nights ago. It lies on a southwest aspect and opens up early. Brings in lots of deer and elk in the spring {elk later in early April}.

Anyway, yesterday it was a thin crowd. And lo and behold here is this female yote prowling. The deer and elk do indeed get moved here and there if a pack of wolves, stray dogs or a few coyotes commence to work the area over. Maybe this one was in on the deer kill posted a bit ago?

Had rain, snow, sleet, hail, and bright sun today. All of 'em. Spring has sprung.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #99034 - 12/03/08 02:02 PM

What is the calibre of the rifle?

Nice looking Mannlicher stocked CZ too.

The following photo hits home to me at the moment. It might be "warming up" for you but this looks nice and cool to me.

Quote:

To me every day has its own special beauty. Seasons change...

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: NitroX]
      #99040 - 12/03/08 02:52 PM

Thanks, Nitro. It's growing on me.

It is a 6.5x55.

Here is the rifle:

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat....=true#Post99007

--------------------

ovny
.375 member

Reged: 19/06/08
Loc: Spain
      #134274 - 03/05/09 04:18 AM

Good trophy, and the rifle is very beautiful. The caliber is 30-06 is not it?

Oscar.

--------------------
I am Spanish

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: ovny]
      #134275 - 03/05/09 05:00 AM

Nice doggie!

A couple of weeks ago I missed one at night with a S&W J frame revolver b/c it had no night sights.

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: 500grains]
      #134278 - 03/05/09 06:55 AM

Here's one we snared today.

Got our turkeys so now we are trying to get a bear bait going. I really don't have time, but...

Anyway, had to clear some trails, etc, on the way up the mountain and swung by our sets. This piece of woods trash was in one. This one was a body catch and pretty unhappy about it, too, until Sonny closed its eyes with his .44.

{PS: The rifle pictured above is now a 9.3x62 with 19-inch barrel and "sporterized" stock.}

--------------------

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
      #134303 - 03/05/09 03:10 PM

Looks like you had a good day out with your son.
Good for you and your family!

We started the day out in the canyons, on the ranch.
Shot the (new) WR 16b SxS out in the rain and was rewarded with muzzle-spaced snake-eyes and a massive blanket of lingering white smoke.
There were a couple of absolutely massive toms yelling at me from up the canyon - I was thinking of taking my first turkey-via-bore-rifle but managed to hold off for now.
I would have made turkey salad out of them.

Took the rest of the day out through the passes and on into the delta to visit friends and family. Every day does definitely have it's beauty, what a wonderful day in the field and into our great state. Made it home at bedtime for the little kids, with a nice bottle of wine from the central coast.

Here's to your family 9.3!

I see your son's ditched the hogue gripstocks on the .44
If you still have them on the workbench I want them. The factory grips on my redhawk just don't work for me with the 320gr/1300fps loads, not enough to hold on to.
I'd like to try them on for size and if they fit my hands, use them as a pattern to whittle a new set out of hardwood...

Cheers
Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: tinker]
      #134338 - 03/05/09 11:42 PM

One of these days, Rod might get a real hunting rifle.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: DarylS]
      #134342 - 04/05/09 12:19 AM

Here's the "rifle" used for part of the rest of yesterday, Daryl...and yes, Daryl, it DOES have a rifled barrel so it is a "rifle" of sorts, yes?

Tinker, sounds like a fun day!!

As for the grips, I'll ask sonny. I think he wants to goof around with them as a gun project of sorts. I.e., modify them and then keep them as spares. They are HORRIBLE as-is for heavy loads. The design forces the hand down about 3/4 inch and thus the axis of the barrel UP, and exaggerates recoil whip tremendously. Really bad design in my opinion.

--------------------

JohnWilkes
.300 member

Reged: 19/01/09
Loc: SA
Re: CZ550FS Blooded. [Re: AspenHill]
      #134343 - 04/05/09 12:24 AM

A bathrobe.. you demure wee lassie, I am the constant butt of my patners jokes re my "au naturale" morning foxing (.17 Hmr 20gr gamepoints from a cz 452) tails kept for the earth dog pup. This can be verified by our own "Bwana Mkubwa" Nitro X, but I do reccomend a phone call I aint a pretty sight in the morning LOL

--------------------
Horses for courses
Guns for game
Hounds for grounds

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
      #134345 - 04/05/09 01:00 AM

9.3-

You about to fall to the dark side of big-charge medium-bore ( ) muzzle loading hunting rifles as per Daryl's 14-bore flinter?
Do it!

You and your son will be able to engage in a new special discipline of 'Smoke Signaling' each other from the spot of each shot...

On the redhawk grip stocks, I get what you're saying and will take that as 'nuff said'
Your comment on the revolver rolling out of the hand under recoil describes the issue I currently have with my grip stocks. I was given a nice little block of cocobolo the other day that will some time (before fall hopefully!) end up as 'the answer' to said issue.

Keep up the good pest control work and enjoy the turkeys!

Cheers
Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2496

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com