Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: CZ SP01 Shadow 9mm

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
CZ SP01 Shadow 9mm
      #133702 - 28/04/09 05:15 AM

Got this just a few weeks ago. It's replacing my Sig Sauer P226, which has a grip that I've never really been happy with. The CZ SP01 Shadow grip (which appears to be the same as a standard CZ 75 grip, but is slightly different and allows a slightly higher hold) fits me very well. As it does several others I know who now use one.

I've been able to try it out a bit, and have so far shot somewhere around 700 rounds thru it without a single failure of any kind. This has been with a variety of old hand loads I had laying around, plus factory ammo from Sellier & Bellot, Blazer, Geco (Ruag), Ruag produced police ammo, and Fiocchi produced 9mm NATO. It's eaten everything without a single hickup. With several of the ammo varieties, the groups have been down to an inch at 25 meters. Can't complain about that.

ambidextrous safety.

Fiber optic front sight is very quick to acquire when the shooting is fast and up close.

Cocked for single action. The both the double action and single action trigger on the Shadow is in a whole other league than any other CZ DA/SA pistol.

The extended mag release is pretty obvious, but also the safety is more pronounced than on a standard CZ 75.

It comes with three 18 round mags, but I got a couple of extra in addition.

As far as I've understood, the only place that imports these to the US is CZcustom.com, who specialize in IPSC shooting gear. Which is what I got this pistol for in the first place.

I have however just completed a PPC qualification course with it, and it worked well for that too.

To sum it up, so far I have nothing negative to say about this gun.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
albertan
.333 member

Reged: 13/06/06
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: CZ SP01 Shadow 9mm [Re: EricD]
      #134425 - 04/05/09 02:58 PM

As a fan of CZ pistols all I can say is welcome to the CZ pistol club and NICE PIECE. My CZ 85 Combat is the most reliable pistol that I have ever owned. It shoots well too. They fit the hand so well that control becomes second nature.

Enjoy and good shooting.

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #134449 - 04/05/09 11:06 PM

Good to hear they fixed the trigger! That was the part about the 75 I just couldn't accept.

I just read an article about the new synthetic-framed CZ pistol, and they both sound like winners.

As for the SIG226, it is my favorite auto and I have two, one in 9mm and the other .357, but I myself have always wondered if ANYBODY has ever really been happy with the grip on that one!

Thanks for posting. My brother is on the market for a pistol. Might be one I'll have him investigate.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
      #134450 - 04/05/09 11:32 PM

I to am a CZ fan and have been using a CZ75 since long.Recently i purchased a CZ 999 Scorpian in 9 mm.which is an exact copy of the Sig 226(or the other way round)but much heavier than the Sig.It is an extremely accurate weapon and a pleasure to shoot.

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: CZ SP01 Shadow 9mm [Re: iqbal]
      #134473 - 05/05/09 02:48 AM

I would like to ask about the fiber optic sight. Do you find that you shoot more accurately with it as opposed to a regular blade? I have fiber optic sights on a rifle and I find I shoot less accurately with it than with regular sights. But I am not sure which is quicker to get on target.

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: CZ SP01 Shadow 9mm [Re: 500grains]
      #134475 - 05/05/09 02:52 AM

Quote:

I would like to ask about the fiber optic sight. Do you find that you shoot more accurately with it as opposed to a regular blade? I have fiber optic sights on a rifle and I find I shoot less accurately with it than with regular sights. But I am not sure which is quicker to get on target.

Erik, along those lines, how sturdy is it? {repeated holstering, bumps, etc.}

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

EricD
.416 member

Re: CZ SP01 Shadow 9mm [Re: 500grains]
      #134588 - 06/05/09 05:12 AM

Quote:

So far I have found that I acquire the target quicker with the fiber optic sights. But that it for multiple quick and close up shots. The fiber optic is however surrounded by a square black blade (hard to see in the pictures I took), so accurate shots at longer distance are also possible if required.

EricD
.416 member

Re: CZ SP01 Shadow 9mm [Re: 9.3x57]
      #134591 - 06/05/09 05:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Erik, along those lines, how sturdy is it? {repeated holstering, bumps, etc.}

It appears to be pretty sturdy, and the sight itself, holding the fiber, is metal. I don't think I would take a fiber optic sight to war, but for most general use, and especially for competitive shooting like IPSC etc, it seems more than sturdy enough.

And I've already unintentionally bumped it pretty hard with no problems so far...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5166

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com