Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: F.F.V. Husqvarna action

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
HighlandStalker
.224 member

Reged: 13/01/07
Loc: Christchurch, NZ
F.F.V. Husqvarna action
      #132998 - 21/04/09 07:41 PM

Anyone know anything about this particular action?
I have seen an advert for a H&H 7mm Rem Mag built using one of these actions. It is being sold at a shop 5 mins down the road for what seems like OK money (NZ$2,950). Will go and have a look some time.

"HOLLAND & HOLLAND
7mm Rem. magnum bolt-action sporting rifle, built on a F.F.V. Husqvarna action. An excellent "shot & regulated" Holland & Holland rifle, 24" barrel with excellent bore and roll engraved "Shot & Regulated by Holland & Holland, 13 Bruton St, London". Metalwork with 98% original bright blue. Trigger guard with Hollands 3 digit serial number. This rifle has had very little use from new, it was purchased in London and used once in Africa. Comes complete with its factory booklet on this particular rifle. Lovely condition."

They also have a Charles Lancaster 7x57 built on a large ring Mauser '98 action for less money, which would probably be of more use to me.

Thanks,

Joe

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: F.F.V. Husqvarna action [Re: HighlandStalker]
      #133004 - 21/04/09 08:31 PM

highlandstalker

the action is most proberly a husquarna 1900 action which is as sweet as they come, that paticular H&H shot and regulated by, dont command much of a premium in the sales in london between 200-500£ so dont look at the name but the gun in itself is a really good gun, in a good caliber.

best regards

peter

HighlandStalker
.224 member

Reged: 13/01/07
Loc: Christchurch, NZ
Re: F.F.V. Husqvarna action [Re: peter]
      #133008 - 21/04/09 09:14 PM

Thanks for the reply Peter.

I didn't know you could pick up "name" rifles for that little at the London auction houses. It is quite uncommon to see anything but the usual low grade American & European rifles 2nd hand in any of the gun shops that I have visited in N England and Scotland (although I haven't been to and of the Edinburgh gun rooms).

I will have to visit the auctions when I am back in the UK! No doubt much cheaper than exporting firearms from the other side of the planet!

Joe

kamilaroi
.400 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: sydney, new south wales, Austr...
Re: F.F.V. Husqvarna action [Re: HighlandStalker]
      #133084 - 22/04/09 09:45 AM

Buy it, you won't regret it (esp if the alloy magazine casting has been replaced (ugly s.o.b.)
Accurate as!

Edited by kamilaroi (22/04/09 11:04 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2925

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com