Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bertram Brass

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Bertram Brass
      #1111 - 20/01/03 12:26 PM

Do Australians think as little of Bertram Brass as Americans do? All complaints seem to be about quality control and the lack thereof.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Re: Bertram Brass [Re: mickey]
      #1120 - 20/01/03 10:51 PM

Mickey:
I am quite happy with the Bertram Brass I have used in the past. The only fault I could pick was slightly off-centre flash-holes in one batch (primer pockets were central of course). I too have noticed the American tendency to sledge Bertram's brass, and even took Uncle Sam to task on one forum thread. "Too hard" was the main complaint, I recall.

Bruce exports his brass all over the world, and makes cases for other retailers (including Kynoch), so I think it is unwarranted criticism. If you want to shoot some of the older, rarer, and more interesting historical pieces, you will join me in thanking God for Bruce Bertram!

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Bertram Brass [Re: Marrakai]
      #1142 - 22/01/03 01:55 AM

Marrakai

There is a thread on the AR Forum that has about 20 posts, alot from Aussies that has not one good thing to say about it. I have bought abut 60 cases in 3 English calibers and found that none were worth using. Quality control and sloppy dimensions seem to be the biggest complaint.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
      #1173 - 22/01/03 11:01 PM

Maybe there has been a significant fall in quality control in recent times. I bought some cases for the Nagant gas-seal revolver mid- last year, and they are faultless. Dunno...

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

SafariHunt
.333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: Pretoria RSA
      #1185 - 23/01/03 02:08 AM

Tell me if I'm confused and I'm almost sure I am but the way I know bertram brass is that you cannot relaod it unless you get the case for the first time not fired yet !

--------------------
"Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

PC3
.224 member

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Victoria Australia
      #1315 - 27/01/03 11:31 PM

I have 89 Bertram .416 Rigby cases for sale if someone wants them, half are once fired the other half unfired. I would like $100.00AUS plus postage. If you want tu use your .416 at 410 gr @ 2400 fps they will be fine. But if you want to get near .416 weatherby ballistics then you will want Norma.

NE450No2
.375 member

Reged: 10/01/03
Re: Bertram Brass [Re: PC3]
      #1326 - 28/01/03 02:36 PM

I may be the only person in America that has had good results with Bertram Brass. I use it in my 450/400 3 1/4 and in my 450 No2. I have some 450 No2 Bertram brass that has been loaded between 15 and 20 times, and is still going strong. I have one set of 20 cases that I am keeping exact numbers on, seven times so far, still looks brand new. I have no complaints. However Norma brass for my 9.3x74R will seperate on the third firing. Several others have reported the same problems in their 9.3's. If is was not for Burce Bertram we would not have brass for many different calibres.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5001

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com