Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: FA M83 & Trijicon?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
FA M83 & Trijicon?
      #125693 - 03/02/09 01:20 AM

Hello Folks,

I enjoy my Freedom Arms M83 revolver (454 6"), and with the iron sights find it to be a handy hunting gun. However, my eyes continue to age, and I’m having more and more trouble resolving the sights. I have a scope for this gun, and enjoy using it for fun shooting, but don’t like to carry the gun in the woods with the scope.

Recently I learned that Freedom Arms is making a base to accept the Trijicon Red Dot sight. They are also making a holster designed to accommodate the revolver with the sight installed. This is a very small sight, and I’m thinking I would find it useful when hunting.

Have any of you tried this arrangement? Do you have any thoughts on the combination?

http://www.freedomarms.com/

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=577&back_row=1&categoryID=13

--------------------
Take care, Tom
NRA Life Member

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tatume
.400 member

Re: FA M83 & Trijicon? [Re: Tatume]
      #126018 - 06/02/09 11:33 PM

Hello Folks,

There being no responses to this query, and presumably no experiences to report (good or bad), I took the plunge and ordered the parts. A couple of things were of interest. The sight is marketed by JP Enterprises as the JPoint, and by Trijicon as the RedDot. According to Brock at JP Enterprises, they are made for both companies by a third party in the UK. Trijicon offers a lifetime warranty, JP Enterprises offers a one-year warranty. But again according to Brock, “we stand behind the JPoint regardless.” There is a $110 difference in favor of the JPoint, which was my choice.

My next opportunity with the revolver will be to hunt wild hogs in North Carolina. Being a meat hunter, and being very fond of wild pork, I will also carry a rifle. But usually I can get within pistol range of the beasts.

I’ll report on progress as the project develops.

--------------------
Take care, Tom
NRA Life Member

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
      #131173 - 02/04/09 08:50 AM

Tatume,

Have you had a chance to shoot with it yet? I would be interested in how you like it, I have an 83 in .475 but have not tried any type of optics yet.

Tatume
.400 member

Re: FA M83 & Trijicon? [Re: SharpsNitro]
      #131230 - 02/04/09 09:31 PM

Hi Sharps,

In fact, I have, and I've handed the gun around at the gun club too. Everybod loves it. The M83 with the JPoint is a joy to shoot. I've modified an inexpensive holster by cutting a piece from the top, and the gun carries well too. This was my greatest problem with the scope, it just wasn't convenient to carry. The JPoint is almost as unobtrusive as the iron sights. I'm completely satisfied with it.

--------------------
Take care, Tom
NRA Life Member

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
      #131271 - 03/04/09 04:52 AM

Tatume,

Thanks for the information, I may have to try one when Midway gets them back in stock.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2440

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com