Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: CZ---shotgun/rifle combo coming for 2009

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
CZ---shotgun/rifle combo coming for 2009
      #122730 - 01/01/09 01:46 AM

Read last evening in "whats new for 2009" that CZ will offer a shotgun/rifle combo for 2009. Didn't know if it was previously offered...but caught my attention as think it would be a perfect combo for calling in coyotes..close ones get the 12 gauge--further get the .243...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: CZ---shotgun/rifle combo coming for 2009 [Re: Ripp]
      #122733 - 01/01/09 01:49 AM

The only gun I actually NEED!!!

Mmm...

Any idea what other calibers offered in rifle?

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

gunbug
.275 member

Reged: 14/01/05
Loc: british columbia
Re: CZ---shotgun/rifle combo coming for 2009 [Re: 9.3x57]
      #122742 - 01/01/09 02:32 AM

Hi Ripp where do you find that info at? I have one of the older 300 series Brno combos with 2 barrel sets . Great gun

zimhunter
.333 member

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Southern Arizona
Re: CZ---shotgun/rifle combo coming for 2009 [Re: gunbug]
      #122871 - 03/01/09 04:18 AM

I have a CZ584 in 12ga 7x57R. I thought this was still being produced just not imported. Maybe they are importing it again. Mine is quite accurate with Sellier & Bellot 140gr factory ammo. Fit and finish are very good although the wood is rather plain. Sights are nothing to brag about but adequate. Scope mount is good and return to zero is good. I like it and if they are again importing it it would be a good buy.

farshot
.300 member

Reged: 25/01/06
Loc: Alberta Canada
Re: CZ---shotgun/rifle combo coming for 2009 [Re: zimhunter]
      #123309 - 08/01/09 03:55 AM

The new series is called the 800 series from BRNO.
They have o/u shotguns, combo guns and o/u rifles in their lineup.

They are new and quite different from anything before. The receivers are not one piece but have cap screwed on base plates. The pivot on the rifle is ala the 0/u berreta shotguns with "stub" pins protruding from the sides of the receiver.

There is some cheap looking "engraving" and the words "BRNO" and the model number are also cheap and primitive looking. I would have prefered they left it plain.

The receiver face is also cap screwed on. there is one wide underlug. They are generally overbuilt and a bit heavy like all BRNOs. Sights are still rudimentary.

I bought the o/u 803 in 8x57 S Rimmed. The bbls are separated with no filler strip ala the Baikal.
It has an adjustable wedge in the middle of the bbls under the fore grip and one bbl has an adjustable dovetail for "windage" at the front - via a micro set screw at each side of the dovetail.

The rifle has double triggers with the first set. The set is great with the others breaking at about 4-5 pounds -- not too bad.

My biggest disappointment is that BRNO went away from their 16mm rail for scopes and you had to purchase a screw on scope base that is like a short picatiny rail for weaver rings -- it is ugly! but does the job.

The wood is nicer then their older models, but has a glossy finish of some kind that makes me wonder what is underneath. The length of pull is close to 14.75 inches with a slim rubber butt pad! Im a tall guy and it is a bit too long for me until i get it to shoulder and then it feels good.

It was tested at the factory with the Sierra 220 gr S&B ammo. I have loaded and tested same bullets with my relaods to about 2450 ft/s with no signs of pressure, the shells just fall out (extractor only).

You can see that if the rifle is got in the available 9./3 x 74 it would have the same receiver and the bbl mass would be less at the breach end - but with mine - their is a lot of metal thickness and mass there!

Accuracy, after A LOT of messing about with the 2 adjustments, is very good - about one inch at 100 yards

overall I like it for the $1600 odd dollars (the scope base is about $150 extra).

from what I can see - the combo guns MAY still have a built in rib with the 16 mm scope mount - but these guns appear to have been built for the US market (the weaver mount) and who knows what they may have.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2803

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com