Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Gun Projects...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Gun Projects...
      #121884 - 22/12/08 01:12 PM

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
Re: Gun Projects... [Re: 9.3x57]
      #121885 - 22/12/08 01:47 PM

You are hard core 9.3x57mm! That's me on the left with a Merkel .375 H&H double in CO. elk hunting - with no scope!

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

Edited by bonanza (23/12/08 01:35 AM)

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
      #121899 - 22/12/08 04:23 PM

I didn't know scopes were legal for Biathalon!

450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: Gun Projects... [Re: SharpsNitro]
      #121922 - 23/12/08 12:53 AM

Now that you are all set up, load some pistol bullets (9.3? = makarov) and a weak load of fast powder. That way you can shoot the bear to piss it of and let it chase you home before killing it to makes thimg easyer. Been done bu the old ones over here when snow.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

9.3x57
.450 member

#121923 - 23/12/08 12:57 AM

Quote:

SharpsNitro: You are in the PACNW? You must be getting buried like we are. We got 8 or 10 more inches since these pics were taken yesterday. Not sure if there is going to be a deer left in the spring...

My range is socked in now so it is skiing or snowshoing only. Now that my 6.5x55 CZ550 is rebarreled to 9.3x62, I picked one of my Rugers as a go-along replacement, also in 6.5x55. Just set it up with the QD sling affair. I made a "universal" double sling affair a couple years ago for winter use, but this is much better and one sling or two can be quickly used, or both removed entirely.

450, the x62 isn't ready yet. Still waiting on the 9.3x62 mag box and follower from CZ. As for our bear, they are all tucked inside their dens now and have been for quite a while. Sensible creatures!!

Wolves and cougar are still out and about. Those things plus the weather is not a good equation for healthy elk and deer herds!

Here's a magazine-full shot from sitting as-pictured at 200 yards. Took the pic at the shop, with the bolts stuck in the tiny 6.5 holes so they show up in the photo. Not gonna get me in the door at Camp Perry, but in blowing snow I'm not complaining and I have no excuses if the coyote keeps running for the next county after the gun barks!

Looks like a White Christmas!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Edited by 9ThreeXFifty7 (23/12/08 01:35 AM)

450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
      #121925 - 23/12/08 01:36 AM

Quote:

450, all our bear are tucked inside their dens now and have been for quite a while. Sensible creatures!!

Yeah forgot that, you need to mark the dens out in the summer so you are able to find them in the winter, just waking them usually makes them a bit grumpy.

To bad about the elks and deers they would have a hard time finding something to eat.
If you got a traktor with a snowplow and some meadows nearby its always a posibility.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

Bramble
.375 member

Reged: 29/07/06
Loc: England
      #121931 - 23/12/08 02:31 AM

Thank god for the gulf stream

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
      #121968 - 23/12/08 12:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

SharpsNitro: You are in the PACNW? You must be getting buried like we are. We got 8 or 10 more inches since these pics were taken yesterday. Not sure if there is going to be a deer left in the spring...

My range is socked in now so it is skiing or snowshoing only. Now that my 6.5x55 CZ550 is rebarreled to 9.3x62, I picked one of my Rugers as a go-along replacement, also in 6.5x55. Just set it up with the QD sling affair. I made a "universal" double sling affair a couple years ago for winter use, but this is much better and one sling or two can be quickly used, or both removed entirely.

I'm on the west slopes of the Cascades, just off I-90, so we have been hit pretty good by the local standards. Only about 12" of snow total, but a week of below freezing temperatures and almost daily snow is unusual for the Puget Sound area. My main problem with the weather is not being able to get over Snoqualmie Pass to go chukar hunting. I hope to get out with the dog at least one more time before the season closes in mid January.

9.3x57
.450 member

#121972 - 23/12/08 01:25 PM

Quote:

by the local standards.

We have family on the West Side and they say same thing.

We normally get a pretty fair amount of snow, but the last two years it has been out of the ordinary. We love it. My wife tells me it gets a little old by May!

--------------------

dale
.333 member

Reged: 28/02/06
Loc: logan W.V.
      #122163 - 24/12/08 08:14 PM

9ThreeXFifty7,

I swear, they cut you from the but of the hide. :^) I always enjoy your photos, such beautiful country but I couldn't take it. I chill just looking at the pictures.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3305

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com