Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: BRNO collectors I need help with a 7x57mm by J. Nowotny

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
jwheeler
.224 member

Reged: 18/11/07
Loc: Louisiana, USA
BRNO collectors I need help with a 7x57mm by J. Nowotny
      #121445 - 18/12/08 10:38 AM

I need some help with the history of this gun. Upon first glance I thought it was a military BRNO mauser conversion. With close inspection it is apparent this gun is a very high quality gun. I am familiar with the BRNO ZG47 and 21/22 series guns but this is very unique. The gun is a trade-in and I started writing a description to resale. While writing the description and examining the gun I realized I needed some more info on J. Nowotny and this gun. I have attached the description I started to write below. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. I have more pictures I can email.

BRNO Mauser – CS. ZBROJOVKA AKC. SPOL. Made in Czech. The scope is marked J. Nowotny Praha “Prague”. According to an internet search, J. Notowany was considered the finest central European gunsmith in the nineteenth century and this gun is top quality old world craftsmanship. Chambered for 7x57mm or 7mm Mauser and appears to be British Nitro Proofed. The gun is in Very Good overall condition. Bluing looks to be original. The wood is very nicely figured and appears to be Turkish walnut. It has a full Mannlicher style stock with stag horn forend tip. The photos do not do the wood justice. There is a 1 ˝” extension added to buttstock making the length of pull 15 3/8” to the front trigger. Please refer to pictures for condition. 500mm or 20" barrel, very good bore, double set trigger is built integral to the trigger plate like the original Oberndorf mausers, shotgun style trigger guard, barrel band front sling swivel base, large ring standard length action, folding leaf sight. All screws are indexed. Standard 3 position Mauser safety, carved horn pistol grip. The scope has #4 reticle and all adjustments work.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2451

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com