Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Marked Fox Sterlingworth

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
Birdhunter50
.375 member

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: Iowa,U.S.A.
Marked Fox Sterlingworth
      #114809 - 19/09/08 05:45 AM

Fellow shotgunners,
I bought this Fox Sterlingworth from an estate auction of a deceased friend. I remember when he bought this ,he was very tickled to get it because it was a "Parker Hingepin" gun, and because of the unusual stamped markings on it. He told me at that time what he though they stood for but I can't remember what that was. The gun is stamped "CP 80" on each side of the wrist area. I bought this with the idea of cleaning it up and restocking it to use a a shooter.
Does anyone out there have any idea of what these marks stand for? I have had some say it stands for Canadian Pacific Rail Road, someone else thought it was from the Chicago Police force. Any guesses? If you owned this, would you restock it or keep it just as is? It has one bolt and one homemade rivet through the stock at the wrist.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bigmaxx
.375 member

Reged: 13/06/07
Loc: Bowling Green KY U.S.A.
Re: Marked Fox Sterlingworth [Re: Birdhunter50]
      #114845 - 19/09/08 01:59 PM

I wouldnt normally think a sterlingworth would find it's way into use by either of those agencies, but anythings possible. I have one thats been shortened, the one I told you about before. I still want to undertake some sort of project with it. Its about 21" in barrel lemgth. Is that one uncut? I personally think I would research that marking. If its not historically significant I would be tempted to restock it.

--------------------
One day at a time...

Birdhunter50
.375 member

Re: Marked Fox Sterlingworth [Re: bigmaxx]
      #115051 - 21/09/08 10:49 PM

Max,
This one is uncut and has nice 30 inch barrels on it without much pitting. I may wind up restocking it, especially if I can't find out anything about the stampings. I'm not in any hurry to start on it though, I have too much customer work to finish up first. I have always liked the looks and the feel of the Fox guns, but this is the first time I found one that I could afford to buy. My friend's kids sold all his stuff at auction and had so much to sell (over 200 guns),that by the time this one came up, most of the buyers had blown their budget and I got it bought for a reasonable amount. Bob H.

Birdhunter50
.375 member

Re: Marked Fox Sterlingworth [Re: bigmaxx]
      #115052 - 21/09/08 10:52 PM

Max,
P.S.- I hope you had a good time in Africa, it sounds like you did. Send me a P.M. and we will visit about your project gun. Bob H.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2329

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com