Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Barnes bullets in a Double --as per Barnes Newsletter-???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
4seventy
Sponsor

Reged: 07/05/03
Loc: Queensland Australia
Re: Barnes bullets in a Double --as per Barnes Newsletter-?? [Re: 9.3x57]
      #115348 - 24/09/08 09:36 AM

Something to keep in mind is that when a double suffers damage of some sort, it usually seems to end up being someone/something elses fault.
Blame the bullet type, the powder type, the old weaker barrel steel or whatever.
Very rarely are blow-ups or damage to doubles fully examined or reported, and this could in some instances be because it might highlite other issues, which may point toward less than ideal reloading/shooting/gun maintainence practices.

Edited by 4seventy (24/09/08 02:05 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: Barnes bullets in a Double --as per Barnes Newsletter-?? [Re: 4seventy]
      #115381 - 24/09/08 05:07 PM

Quote:

Something to keep in mind is that when a double suffers damage of some sort, it usually seems to end up being someone/something elses fault.
Blame the bullet type, the powder type, the old weaker barrel steel or whatever.
Very rarely are blow-ups or damage to doubles fully examined or reported, and this could in some instances be because it might highlite other issues, which may point toward less than ideal reloading/shooting/gun maintainence practices.

Dont you now thats its never the owners that are the couse of a problem, its always someting else.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: Barnes bullets in a Double --as per Barnes Newsletter-?? [Re: 9.3x57]
      #115455 - 25/09/08 06:22 AM

[quote
...and, my humble opinion is that I suspect there just may be many "fine doubles" that after the use they have been subjected to and/or age and/or original materials of construction should be shelved with their chambers welded shut, because if not, and if they continue to be shot, may at some point "let go", and when such a gun lets go with a Woodleigh or a Barnes Banded Solid, the bullets shouldn't be blamed, no matter how much money the fellow paid for the gun. Just because it's beautifully made and frightfully expensive doesn't mean it's safe.

In the beginning the 303 doubles was concidered to have a very short lifespan as to problems with the metall to withstand the high pressure and force it was subjected. And in high temerature
countries it was even shorter.

So you are right there are a lot of guns thats on the edge of being busted, but the quistion still is if the barnes will bush it faster over it.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 41549

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com