Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Practicle Classics with fighting history

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
88MauSporter
.375 member

Reged: 06/06/07
Loc: Alaska / Texas
Practicle Classics with fighting history
      #112791 - 28/08/08 01:14 PM

Here are two of my favorite classics with historical fighting history. Invision the C96 on horseback in the middle of the battle with outlaws in your trek across the rugged mountains between Pakistan and Afgan territories. The .30 Mauser round in the handy carbine is surprising firepower against the single shots and muzzleloaders used in 1900 in this region. The FN" 1935 at your side as you make your way to hunting in an unsettled Central African hunting destination in times just before the secound world war. Confident that these "modern" autos are your reliable protectors when you confront the two legged preditors out to do you harm.

FN 1935 (Hi-Power .9mm

C96 Mauser 1930 Commercial Model 7.63 Mauser

--------------------
"A hunter should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everthing goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." 88MauSporter

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history [Re: 88MauSporter]
      #112792 - 28/08/08 01:23 PM

88, there ain't nothin with bigger "Cool Factor" than a stocked 96!!

Your vintage Grand Puissance is mighty close however!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Checkman
.333 member

Reged: 15/03/08
Loc: Idaho
Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history [Re: 9.3x57]
      #113007 - 30/08/08 10:52 PM

The C96 Mauser is great. Nothing screams adventure like the Broomhandle. It's been one of my favorites for decades. As is the Webley.

88MauSporter
.375 member

Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history [Re: Checkman]
      #113083 - 31/08/08 02:26 PM

The C96 is a charm to shoot. It is very accurate and the fast moving bullet would be great for small game. I have carried it several times, but have not taken anything with it. If I had had it when I lived in Alaska in the early 1970's, it would have taken the big snow shoe hares and the high "above tree line" marmotts. The marmotts were like a cross between badger and woodchuck. they lived in the rocks on the high mountains. We hunted them with handguns. I used a .30 carbine caliber Ruger blackhawk, or later with my Woodsman with head shots. They weighed a good 5 to 10 pounds. The meat was like dark meat turkey, and the liver was great. You really needed meat or wanted to hunt these fellow to make the effort. The clime was rough and there was no road or trail. It was a climb. Hand and foot, up and up. The view was breath taking. I have a photo somewhere. The whole matinuska valley and the Alaska range in the distance. Bear were there too in the summer. It kept you alert.

--------------------
"A hunter should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everthing goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." 88MauSporter

dale
.333 member

Reged: 28/02/06
Loc: logan W.V.
      #113103 - 31/08/08 05:24 PM

fixed sights and the ring hammer are the perfect combination in my book. nice pistol, I love the early extractor if for no other reason than the quality. Both guns have the lust factor. :^)

Birdhunter50
.375 member

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: Iowa,U.S.A.
Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history [Re: dale]
      #113121 - 31/08/08 10:51 PM

Very Cool Pistols! I have owned one of these mausers in the past and several High Powers. But alas, they have all gone down the guntrading road, and I now have to make do with my .45 Auto and my model 29 Smith for hunting. Thanks for sharing them with us, they both bring back fond memories for me. Bob H.

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #113159 - 01/09/08 08:32 AM

88MauSporter,

That is SOME collection! Very, very nice! Yes, the Broomhandle is simply superb and it must be the pride of your gunsafe.

Thanks for the pics and please keep posting.

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

88MauSporter
.375 member

Re: Practicle Classics with fighting history [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #113211 - 01/09/08 02:39 PM

Thanks all for the comments. I enjoy that I can share some of my long time prizes with people that appreciate them. I am sure there are many in the collective gun safes and closets of the forum members that would make great viewing and posting. Let's see them!!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3238

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com