Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Double rifle project.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: Double rifle project. [Re: tinker]
      #109718 - 14/07/08 06:55 PM

Yepp learned that the fun way, but if its possible to messure powder for small pistol rounds one thinks its usefull for rifles to. Offcourse now i realise that if the charge increses the error also.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
450_366
.400 member

Re: Double rifle project. [Re: 450_366]
      #111493 - 10/08/08 09:22 PM

As usual everything keeps f...ing up.

I had two weeks holiday before my trip to get my rifle sorted but got sick three weeks before and when i finaly got on my legs it was only two days from the flight to johannesburg. And as all my powder was gone and none to find i had to switch it and never got it reregulated for the new one.
And as i got there i found out that my left barrel was of about 5-10 cm.

But at least it drew some blood for the first time.

Not the biggest one but its mine.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

Edited by CptCurl (09/01/09 11:28 PM)

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #111619 - 12/08/08 10:57 AM

Andreas,

You're bragging, aren't you, about this lovely trophy? Somehow, I have always believed that the quality of the hunt - the difficulty, the nature of the stalk and of the shot taken etc are far more important than the size of the trophy itself.

You had a nice time with a lovely rifle and there is nothing else that matters.

Very good hunting and thanks for sharing pictures.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

450_366
.400 member

Re: Double rifle project. [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #111687 - 13/08/08 07:02 AM

Quote:

Andreas,

You're bragging, aren't you, about this lovely trophy? Somehow, I have always believed that the quality of the hunt - the difficulty, the nature of the stalk and of the shot taken etc are far more important than the size of the trophy itself.

You had a nice time with a lovely rifle and there is nothing else that matters.

Very good hunting and thanks for sharing pictures.

You are quite right, it was not the best trophy i got there but its for sure my favorit. In fact i could return and hunt only for wildebeast, thats how much i liked it.

--------------------
Andreas

93mouse
.375 member

Reged: 17/08/07
Loc: Slovenia
      #111689 - 13/08/08 07:18 AM

Allright - Weidmannsheil - tell us more please!

450_366
.400 member

Re: Double rifle project. [Re: 93mouse]
      #111860 - 15/08/08 08:01 AM

Quote:

Allright - Weidmannsheil - tell us more please!

Not realy much to tell actually, i went for a six day hunt and shot warthog, impala, wildebeast and mountain reedbuck. As trofe the reedbuck was probably the best one but the wildebeast was for sure the best hunt. We stalked him untill we were only about 25-30m from a herd of perhaps 10-15 animals and one of them did the mistake to step out and stare at us in an angle. As this was in dense busch and the others was barely seen thru it and there was a small gap to get a shot at him i just had to take it. It was i real thrill to hear them frust only some meters away and nowing that they new we was looking at them. On the shot he emediatly jumpt with a curwed back streight into the busch so i had to run forward a couple meters to get a new shot at him (as i missed of course as the only ting i saw was his upper 1/4 and running full speed 50m into the busch not mentioning my skills). Still running and reloading i saw him about 70m away but as not the ph or i could be sure it was the right one i wasnt allowed to take the shot nor was i wary ceen to make a mistake either. After 5 sekunds it was gone and there was silence but the ph told me he tought he heard it drop. Now the funny thing after about 3 meters from where the shot struk him there was no tracks and no blood, so i realy started to question where the shot took. A small road run across about 60-70m in the direction where he stod and there was no tracks either crossing or along it. After some 30 minutes the tracker found a puddle, some 10cm across of blood, on the other side of the road but still no tracks. The after another 15 minutes (at this point it felt as it had past several hours) there was a shout and the tracker had found him. In total he had probably only run about 120-130meters from the shot that had hit him streight into the front leg and kept going in an angle missing his hart and hitting his lung and into the "gras stummach". The bullit had left a 15mm hole right into him from witch he had blead only a couple of drops. This is why i love the animals, they are probably the closest thing i will ever come to a buffalo.

--------------------
Andreas

450_366
.400 member

#117475 - 23/10/08 07:26 AM

So it ends, the double got regulated proparly but sadly will sell it in a couple of weeks. But here is my last picture of it.

And here is my last kill with it also.

--------------------
Andreas

Edited by CptCurl (09/01/09 11:29 PM)

xsheadspace
.224 member

Reged: 09/07/08
Loc: Upstate NY
Re: Double rifle project. [Re: dale]
      #121045 - 13/12/08 02:43 AM

Nice job! I just got a Burris Scout scope 2.75X and mounted it on my 45-100 double I built on a Merkel 1970 era 12 ga. Waiting for the end of deer season to go to the range and see if the regulation is still there with the scope. My old eyes never did better than 3" groups at 50 yds with the express sights. Hoping to go for boar with the thing. I can get 2250 fps with 350 gr bullets before cases start stretching, which makes me think that this is max.

--------------------
hippie redneck geezer

click
.224 member

Reged: 03/01/09
Loc: Michigan
      #122948 - 04/01/09 10:25 AM

Why would you sell such a nice and personal piece of work? So much time to have to sell must just break your heart. Great job and thanks for the updates on the build itself. Im new here but truly appreciate the commentary.

--------------------
Krieghoff Classic .500 NE 3"
Krieghoff Classic .500/470 NE
Merkel SxS .470 NE Model 160A Side Lock w/ Ejectors

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #123149 - 06/01/09 03:41 PM

Quote:

So it ends, the double got regulated proparly but sadly will sell it in a couple of weeks. But here is my last picture of it.

My friend, I am going to pinch your photographs and load them onto the NE server.

Sad thing to sell your own made rifle.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

450_366
.400 member

Re: Double rifle project. [Re: NitroX]
      #123184 - 07/01/09 01:12 AM

As to our six gunlaw, one has realy make some tough desicions. But fortunatly it didnt turn out that well, if i was going to ceep it i, would make some proper barrels for it. So it was easyer to sell it and to try to forget it ever beeing made.

And the photos are free to use John, i would never post a photo on the net that wasnt.

--------------------
Andreas

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4528

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com