Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pre-64 vs Dakota

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sharpsshooter
.224 member

Reged: 11/02/08
Loc: California, USA
Re: Pre-64 vs Dakota [Re: westley476]
      #117646 - 25/10/08 10:40 PM

I had ordered a 375 H&H and 416 Rigby from Dakota last SCI convention in January. They gave me a delivery date of approx 12 months with engraving and 6 months without engraving. After 6 months they could not give an approximate date for delivery and I cancelled the Rigby and told them not to engrave the 375. They said after eight months they were hoping for a December delivery.

Recently called for a status report a few days ago and they could not give a delivery date. Heard from a good source that they could not make payroll and were having diffuculty obtaining parts. The distributor said that he just delivered a rifle that was ordered in early 2007( Almost two years after ordering it)

Three months ago I ordered a 416 Rigby and 505 Gibbs from Ryan Breeding with a Guaranteed delivery date before 2010. Also just ordered a 375 from Wayne Jacobson at AHR with a Granite Mountain action and upgraded stock for the same price as the Dakota. He has to wait three months for the action and guarantees the completed rifle three months after receiving the action.

Both Ryan and Wayne have been super in providing information regarding their rifles and have provided positive delivery dates. Their reputation, quality and accuracy of their rifles far exceeds the tarnished quality of the Dakota arms rifles as well as their customer service

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8267

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com