Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mauser 98 Floor Plate

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
zephyr
.275 member

Reged: 20/09/05
Mauser 98 Floor Plate
      #107920 - 23/06/08 04:01 AM

I have in my hands delightful little JP Sauer chamberd as it says on the barrel for the .30 USG 1906. Half octogon, half tapered round barrel. Unfortunatley while in the process of dragging a Muley out of the hills of Idaho the lever, floor plate, spring, and follower where lost...Lever, spring, follower can all be replaced the floor plate is another matter...It seems that though I have a standard 98 action the magazine box is that much bigger..Any thoughts as to where I might be able to find a magnum floor plate?? My only other thought is to buy two and cut and weld to the right shape. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
pjaln
.375 member

Reged: 08/06/06
Loc: massachusetts ,U.S.A.
Re: Mauser 98 Floor Plate [Re: zephyr]
      #107943 - 23/06/08 01:05 PM

if it is a 30.06 the magazine box should be of standard lenght and if it is a totally removable floorplate which is what it must have been for you to loose it, than it is most definetly is a standard lenght floorplate many JPs "US models" were built on oberndorf actions with inside trigger guard button release
whatever the case you will have to gunsmith a new lever ,NECG.COM may have the parts to construct this ,post a pic ....paul

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2268

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com