Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Searcy

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sharpsshooter
.224 member

Reged: 11/02/08
Loc: California, USA
Re: Searcy [Re: gei]
      #107589 - 17/06/08 09:41 AM

I just went to Searcy's shop yesterday (June 15th) and spent over 6 hours with Butch and a friend talking about and looking at several of his rifles that were built or in the process of being built. He took me on a tour of his shop and explained the process of building a double rifle.

He took me out to the regulating range with a 470NE and a 450/400 3" to shoot. I shot each of them 10-12 times and Butch was the perfect host.

I don't know of many builders that would go to the extent of spending a Sunday ( In fact Fathers day) to show and explain their product to such a degree.

Butch is a no nonsense type of guy that is set in his ways, but stands behind his product 100%. He is fair and genuine which is unique in todays world.

I have just retired after 32 years in Law enforcement and have a guarded nature entering into any business venturea. With Searcy they were no no doubts about being treated fairly.

I put in an order for one of his rifles (470NE) with an extra set of 450/400 3 Inch barrels with a scope mount.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bighammer
.275 member

Reged: 14/06/05
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Searcy [Re: sharpsshooter]
      #107595 - 17/06/08 02:00 PM

All we need is an Australian importer for Searcy.

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Searcy [Re: Bighammer]
      #107673 - 19/06/08 12:20 AM

Quote:

Hi All,

Am looking into purchasing a Searcy double and have read only good things about them. If anyone has shot or even handled one of these, your comments and advice would be greatly appreciated. Of course, my main queries lie with balance, ease of operation and reliability.

Many thanks.

Bighammer , I've known Butch Searcy for many years, from back when he was in New Mexico! He is a stand up guy, and builds a good product. He will tell you himself, that he doesn't build H&H, or Purdey rifles, and doesn't want to even try to compete with them. What he makes is a GOOD solid double rifle that will shoot with the best made, for accuracy. His rifles are made to fit the customer, and his standard wood is outstanding in quality. Given the chance, he will remedy any problem you encounter with one of his rifles. His new "CLASSIC" rifles are beautiful, and are as well ballanced as any I've encountered, especially in his price range. IMO, his rifles are value for money spent, though his prices have shot up some, but then so has everything else moved up in price today!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

Bighammer
.275 member

Reged: 14/06/05
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Searcy [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #107692 - 19/06/08 11:26 AM

Dugaboy1,

Did manage a close look at a Searcy and yes, it was very well made and looked attractive too. Sadly, not having an importer in Oz, it becomes a tedious and unnecessary hassle to import a rifle and there are a variety of European makes that are readily available here to choose from. 'Tis the only problem but I do appreciate your input.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10565

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com