Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Shipping trophies from Zim

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Shipping trophies from Zim
      #105606 - 19/05/08 08:44 PM

Part of an e-mail I received today from Taxidermy Enterprises regarding some trophies that I am expecting from Zimbabwe. Looks like things might take some time...

Quote:

....Unfortunately we are unable to ship any trophies out at the moment. On 1st March 2008, Zimbabwe National Parks advised us not to submit any further applications for CITES export permits as the new permits had not yet been finalized and accepted by the CITES Secretariat in Switzerland. These new export permits have now been approved and the computer software for this has been installed on National Parks’ new computer. As no permits have been issued for the past two months, you will appreciate that there is now an enormous backlog and it will take a bit of time for National Parks to catch up. Permits are trickling out at the moment as the staff are taking some time to get used to the new permit. It is very different from the old one, but a much more professional document and they are experiencing a few teething problems. At present we are working with National Parks to try and get these resolved as quickly as possible. We kindly ask you to bear with us whilst this backlog at National Parks is being dealt with.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, but as you can see from the above the delay is beyond our control.

I will be in touch.

Kindest regards,

Dionne

FOREIGN DEPARTMENT

Taxidermy Enterprises (Pvt) Limited

15 Falcon Street

Belmont

Bulawayo

Zimbabwe

Email: taxient@mweb.co.zw

Web Site: www.taxidermyenterprises.com

Tel: 263-9-474693, 476196, 469779, 470334/5

Fax: 263-9-476197, 478846

If I hadn't bothered having TE make a few gunslips out of elephant hide, I could have gotten all my stuff long ago, before this problem came along. However, although this delay is irritating, I suspect that things will work out in the end.

I'm sure I'm not alone here at NE in having trophies stuck in Zim at the moment, but I guess we'll just have to be patient, and cross our fingers in the meantime.

Erik

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
butchloc
.300 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: faribault mn
Re: Shipping trophies from Zim [Re: EricD]
      #105879 - 23/05/08 02:40 AM

i had much the same B.S. stuff from TE 3 years ago, and it took 3 years to get my ele back here. Over on AR there are several people with similar luck out of TE.

butchloc
.300 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: faribault mn
Re: Shipping trophies from Zim [Re: butchloc]
      #105880 - 23/05/08 02:42 AM

i should also mention that my stuff from zambia that itook in sept. is in New York now and should be home next week. and i had all the skins tanned there on top of it for about 1/5 of what it would have cost here.

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Shipping trophies from Zim [Re: butchloc]
      #105898 - 23/05/08 08:07 AM

Erick,
I had some Chewore Hippo Bags made by T E. You will like them.

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Re: Shipping trophies from Zim [Re: ozhunter]
      #106203 - 28/05/08 03:45 AM

Ozhunter,

Interesting that you made some bags out of the hippo hide. I only took the tusks, but in hind sight should have perhaps used the hide for something too.

Do you have any pictures of the bags?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1470

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com