Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Peter: Rådyr og rød grød med fløde???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Peter: Rådyr og rød grød med fløde???
      #89090 - 16/11/07 10:30 AM

Peter, how is the hunting season going in Sjælland?

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: Peter: Rådyr og rød grød med fløde??? [Re: 9.3x57]
      #89126 - 17/11/07 12:51 AM

hi 9,3

the season is lousy here, the pheasant is aboundent to the point where sako is getting indifferent about them, and im swamped with work at the moment so i cant even go out for a stroll without feeling guilty about the work i should have done.

the good news is that the company who is doing the work, bringing my place back to nature are almost done with the stream and the pond. about next week should be the last i see of them.

this is how it is gonna look in about 3-5 years, and the goverment paid for it

hopefully i will get some time on sunday for the pheasant. the roe deer will wait until mid december when the young ones are the biggest, when i shoot for the freezer i want them as big as possible.

i will try to convince niicky to come with me a do some pics as well.

peter

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: Peter: Rådyr og rød grød med fløde??? [Re: peter]
      #89173 - 17/11/07 08:06 PM

Tak for det!

Your land work looks super!!

Can you give some dimensions of the place? Roughly how many hectatres or acres {I can convert} or can you give the outside dimensions?

Anytime there is BLUE in a farm/conservancy/ranch development the inherent value skyrockets in my opinion, and it appears you have a delightful amount of it!! Great stuff.

So you have rådyr og fasan on your place?

We raised several hundred pheasants for years, some were established nearby but not right on my place, but little by little the predators; hawks, eagles, magpies, coyotes have really hammered them.

We have done a lot of work to our place here over the years, too. Clearcutting of overage timber, replanting 30,000 trees {Ponderosa Pine, Western Larch and White Pine}, trail cutting {for horse rides which combine to form shooting lanes in hunting season, hunting blinds {"posten" i norsk, I think, not sure i dansk}. Some of our ponds are actually still bone dry due to the severe summer drought we suffered last year.

I, too really enjoy taking game off my own place, or helping family do it at times. Here is a picture of a buck whitetail I "rattled" in for my nephew just yesterday morning. It was his first deer. He has been practicing for the summer Back East and he made a visit out for deer season. He got off the plane Thursday afternoon and I rattled and grunted this buck to him the next morning! Now I get to teach him to do the same thing for me! The rifle he used is one of mine, a Ruger M77MKII 6.5x55, handloads with 160 grain Hornady RN. So far my little familial "jaktlag" {kids, brother} has taken 7 deer and 5 turkeys, 5 of the deer were shot on the place here and 2 of the turkeys.

When you get some time, we'd love to see some pictures of your place. Sounds beautiful!

...and I hope to get your favorite recipe for rød grød med fløde, too!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

peter
removed

Reged: 11/04/07
Loc: denmark
Re: Peter: Rådyr og rød grød med fløde??? [Re: 9.3x57]
      #89209 - 18/11/07 08:16 AM

hi 9,3

i got 16,5 hektar or 50 acres, not a lot but enough around here.

the prices have gone through the roof the last 3-4 years, i had this place for 4 years paid 400.000,-us$ for it, last person offered me 1.8 mil$ flat it is estimated at round 2 mil.

i wont sell it though since i love this place and plan to be carried of it when my time comes.

i have fallow deer, roe deer, pheasant, partrigde, ducks, geese, woodcock, hare and fox. The red stag should be here in about 5 years time.

i will get some pics for you soon, until then you can have a peek at "extended lunchbreak" at this forum. the pics there are from my farm. or go to www.axelved.com and go to gallery, my wife niicky is pretty good with a camera.

hunting blinds are called hochsitz in denmark, comes from germany like a lot of our hunting traditions.

nice whitetail, we should swap hunts in the future.

i rarely eat rødgrød med fløde(means red porrigde with cream) it consists of ruebarb and strawberry boild to a pulb and eaten with cream. the term is used as a test for visitors, as it is a tounge breaker.

peter

p.s. below is when it looks real good

Edited by peter (18/11/07 08:39 AM)

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: Peter: Rådyr og rød grød med fløde??? [Re: peter]
      #89211 - 18/11/07 09:17 AM

Peter, beautiful scenery! Denmark is such a lovely country and you have a delightful place on which to live. I don't blame you for not wanting to sell out, either. We have that in common, too. Where would we go...the City???

Your plan sounds great, and I know much enjoyment comes from watching it grow.

A hunt in Denmark would indeed be a fascinating endeavor!

We still have a couple weeks to chase deer here, and hopefully will fill the last tags of the season.

Funny about rød grød...

When I was there in 1985 I went into a little place and ordered a pølser, på dansk of course {which I don't speak!}.

But with saltwater viking blood coursing through my veins I looked dano-norsk enough and thought after practicing over and over I thought I had it right and could pull it off and make my long-gone old Grampa Carl proud. The fellow at the counter took my money and then handed me the sausage and added...

"And here is your change", in English!!

We had a great chuckle over it, and he thanked me for at least giving it a try!!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1990

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com