Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Unusual question on African hunting

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
yukon_delta
.224 member

Reged: 15/07/07
Loc: Palmer, Alaska
Re: Unusual question on African hunting [Re: NitroX]
      #85801 - 17/09/07 12:17 PM

It seems like the hydraulics would be dangerous...as well as the underwater obstacles being dangerous to limbs, spine, etc?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Shackleton
.300 member

Reged: 11/08/07
Loc: Iowa
Re: Unusual question on African hunting [Re: NitroX]
      #85805 - 17/09/07 01:33 PM

That harmless little python in Togo looks like the two I used to have as pets-but it looks to be about a foot bigger. I guess accidental bites aren't the issue I thought-the idea came into my head while watching a venom documentary, and they interviewed a Kruger national Park game ranger who was bitten by a black mamba, received no antivenom and survived anyway.(hospital didn't believe a mamba had bitten him, said he should have already been dead).That along with seeing the shorts on the hunting shows made me wonder, and after the above posts I'd probably be wearing shorts too---My Cape buffalo hunt is years in the future, if it ever happens. We all need dreams right??

--------------------
"I do not kill with my gun, he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."--Stephen King

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
Re: Unusual question on African hunting [Re: yukon_delta]
      #85808 - 17/09/07 05:20 PM

Quote:

It seems like the hydraulics would be dangerous...as well as the underwater obstacles being dangerous to limbs, spine, etc?

As far as I understood back then, the hydroelectrical dam will ruin the rapids below it (northwards), as the amount of water in the river will then vary a lot more then it does naturally.

Back to the snakes, it was in the eddies where we entered and exited the water that they could sometimes be seen. And obviously not in the rapids themselves.

Erik

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4332

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com