Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pete's photos - scrub bulls

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Pete's photos - scrub bulls
      #77 - 29/12/02 03:31 AM

Pete,

I like your photos.

I see you hunted the scrub bull with a bow, and you say it was very exciting.

I'm interested:
Did he charge? How did he react after being shot with an arrow? Did one arrow do the job? How long did he take to die?

If you want please tell us about the bull hunt. Personally I do not think I would like to hunt a scrub bull with a bow.

The pig about to flee, looks close. And yes, the good old days when we were allowed to have semi-auto and pump shotguns. I've still got a pump action under a special farm permit, but it is not supposed to be used for hunting.

Everyone else check out Pete's photos in the "Pictures" section.

Nitro

Nitro@NitroExpress.com

Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Yes pete
I liked your photos aswell and will post something if I can.Is that scrubbulls realy so dangerous?Nitro told me that they can get nasty.Tell us more about the story please.

Bigfive

Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

bigfive,sorry to take so long to get back to u. ive heard of some bowhunters developing more respect for these animals after being chased by them once wounded but i personaly dont have a great deal of experience with them regarding how nasty they can get. hope i never do! [ a follow up arrow at a charging bull wont help much].my mate and i took a bull each in 2001 and we hope to do it again this year.
walkin along a creek in cape york i spied a lone bull ahead of me ,feeding into the wind.i took an arrow from the quiver,slipped of the shoes and closed the distance to 5 metres but couldnt take a shot till he turned side on.bending my knees but keeping my torso erect ,i crouched to shoot under brush ,coming to full draw and hit him slightly below centre and on the line of the shoulder.he did a 180 turn and stood still, unable to locate the danger behind him slowly loading another arrow. only 5m from him i could hear the blood dripping onto the dry leaves below. as he started to walk to my right [into a clearing ] i hit him again in the same position but opposite shoulder,but it wasn't needed,2 more steps and he was down.perfect stalk,sharp broadhead,2 well placed shots and my first big game was down .i howled with joy into my uhf and along came my mate expecting to see a good boar. it was as exciting as when i used my rifle to take my thar .glad u liked the pics.i'll let u know when my video of boars and bulls is finished
regards pete

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Re: Pete's photos - scrub bulls [Re: Prev_Forum]
      #78 - 29/12/02 03:32 AM

bigfive,ive added a "fiesty" looking bull to my album,check it out pete

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 2674

You rated this topic a 3.
Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com