Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Safari Outfitters

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
Safari Outfitters
      #53053 - 22/03/06 05:23 PM

Looking for information/experiences with "Safari Outfitters" if anyone has anything they'd like to share. I think Allen has booked with them in the past, if I remember correctly, and would like his (and everyone else's) opinion.

Currently researching outfitters for an Asian hunt and Safari Outfitters is on the short list. I have their website and catalog, just looking for personal opinions and experiences.

Thanks much

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bulldog563
.400 member

Reged: 21/10/05
Loc: California
Re: Safari Outfitters [Re: DPhillips]
      #53056 - 22/03/06 05:53 PM

I would also call Atcheson's. Those people that I know who have used them have been very satisfied.

--------------------
Join the National Rifle Association:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

DPhillips
.375 member

Re: Safari Outfitters [Re: bulldog563]
      #53057 - 22/03/06 06:01 PM

Atcheson is on the short list as well, but I'm curious about "Safari Outfitters".

Atcheson and Kern have abundant info easily found throughout sites like these, Causey's "The Hunting Report" and so forth. "Safari Outfitters" is new to me, though I understand they have been a major outfitter worldwide for many, many years. Just looking for someone with experience with them.

allenday
.333 member

Reged: 18/04/04
      #53108 - 23/03/06 04:31 AM

I started booking with "Safari Outfitters" a few years ago, and they've handled all arrangements much better than any other booking agency I've ever worked with. They handle every minute, tiny little detail to perfection, all paper work, etc. The support never stops with these folks, and they're 100% thorough and honest. They put the interests of the clients first, always, and that comes through loud and clear in everything they do for you.

In Don Crane, they have an absolute gem of an agent in the African Hunting division who totally knocks himself out for you, and he's such a pleasure to work with and to converse with over the phone. If you have a question or a concern, he typically will supply an answer at least by the next day, and he has a superb relationship with the safari companies represented. Like the company, Don is totally honest and trustworthy.

Two of my friends and I booked a safari thru Don and Safari Outfitters to Zimbabwe this year to hunt with Roger Whittall. One of those friends has health problems, and it became increasingly clear that he wasn't going to be able to participate in the safari. Right at convention time this year, he called Don and told him he couldn't do the hunt. A few days later, Don called him back and told him that Safari Outfitters was going to send him a refund check for all of the money he'd paid up to that point for daily rate, etc. My friend asked Don if they'd been able to fill his slot so quickly in order to be able to issue the refund?

Don's answer was, in a nutshell, that no, they hadn't filled his slot, but they believed in taking care of their clients, and that they were going to take care of him as well. Even in backing out of the safari, my friend was STILL treated as a valued client!

That's the way it should be, and that's just one more reason why they have my business..........

www.safari1.com

AD

DPhillips
.375 member

Re: Safari Outfitters [Re: allenday]
      #53113 - 23/03/06 05:01 AM

Thanks Allen. I appreciate you relating the story here.

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
      #53117 - 23/03/06 05:39 AM

I met Don Crane in Zim. He is a talker. But I venture that he is not a walker.

DPhillips
.375 member

Re: Safari Outfitters [Re: 500grains]
      #53176 - 23/03/06 05:48 PM

Thanks 500.

I found that Safari Outfitters are actually using one of Kern's camps.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Much appreciated.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1943

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com