Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Definition of a DG Stunt Hunt

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
JPK
.375 member

Reged: 31/08/04
Loc: Chevy Chase, MD
Re: Definition of a DG Stunt Hunt [Re: BlainSmipy]
      #49653 - 10/02/06 10:17 AM

Colorado,

Some, me included, like to hunt DG knowing that we are a part of the team that at least has a prayer of pulling our own, a PH's, the trackers' or the game scout's bacon out of the fire in a bad situation no matter who or what causes it. To not need utter reliance on the PH is such circumstances. And to at least be armed so that putting the bacon in the fire in the first place is not caused by such foolishness as choosing to use an inadequate weapon - and a weapon illegal in most all free range hunting.

JPK

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Definition of a DG Stunt Hunt [Re: BlainSmipy]
      #49662 - 10/02/06 11:46 AM

Colorado,

I would not recommend hunting of dangerous game, which to me means hunting an animal in a manner in which the animal has the potential to cause grave personal harm to me or others near me, without back-up! I know from first hand experience just how far a buffalo can go with absolutely NO HEART after being hit with a most adequate 500 Jeffery Improved. He can go far enough to stomp your arse before he dies if he so choses (that translates into about 25 to 30 yards in my actual exprience). There is only ONE abosolute way to drop an animal, any animal, in it's tracks and that is a CNS hit. There are very few people who can shoot, reload, and accurately hit a charging buffalo inside of 20 yards (you know how big the brain is on a buffalo, it ain't that big, and you are talking about a snap shot too)! That is why you need a fresh second to back you up. To me this isn't a stunt and it is most certainly "dangerous game hunting". Of course opinions may vary.

For the record, in my opinion anyway, dangerous game hunting takes place at less than 35 yards (maybe you could stretch to 50 yards). Beyond that and it ain't all that dangerous anymore.

Unfortunately, there was this guy named Murphy who has this law, and if you chose to ignore Mr. Murphy's law you will eventually get introduced to this guy named Darwin. Those that ignore Mr. Murphy and are wanting to meet Mr Darwin (knowingly or not) are the true stunt hunters in my opinion.
I'll let everyone decide who those individuals are.

Scott

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 6118

You rated this topic a 5.
Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com