Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Who needs a bigbore?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Northman
.275 member

Reged: 06/09/05
Loc: Troms, Norway, 72*North
Who needs a bigbore?
      #38094 - 24/09/05 10:11 PM

I dont know why everybody is talking about big bores... http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000449

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Who needs a bigbore? [Re: Northman]
      #38101 - 24/09/05 11:19 PM

That's a very nice bull, especially considering it was taken with a bow. WOW!

475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
      #38107 - 25/09/05 12:02 AM

For every bull taken with a bow successfully, there's got to be an archer who has taken upteen animals well before this point. It can be done but it takes more hard work and dedication than using any rifle. I don't have the dedication to use a bow so I'll stick with a good rifle 375 or bigger, thank you. Question is, would you or could you do this?

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

markhyoung
.224 member

Reged: 31/10/05
Loc: Cody, WY, USA
Re: Who needs a bigbore? [Re: 475Guy]
      #40390 - 02/11/05 06:23 AM

I'm not trying to take anything anyway from Mr.Friedkin's accomplishment. He shot an incredible buffalo. To put this in perspective though you have to realize that his family is Tanzania Game Trackers and he had the whole month of July in Maswa to find a bull of that caliber. Yes! I'm a tiny bit jealous. Would it not be a ball to be in a position where you could dedicate a month to one trophy?

Mark

--------------------
Mark H. Young
ADAM CLEMENTS SAFARI TRACKERS INC.
WORLDWIDE BIG GAME, WINGSHOOTING AND PHOTO SAFARIS
www.safaritrackers.com
Office 1-307-587-6372
FAX 1-307-587-3385

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: Who needs a bigbore? [Re: markhyoung]
      #41121 - 10/11/05 05:53 AM

In reply to:

I'm not trying to take anything anyway from Mr.Friedkin's accomplishment. He shot an incredible buffalo

his family is Tanzania Game Trackers and he had the whole month of July in Maswa to find a bull of that caliber.

Would it not be a ball to be in a position where you could dedicate a month to one trophy?

I see nothing wrong with takeing a month to find one animal, I've done just that, myself. Once an animal is found, then it must be stalked to a safe range for the bow, and a very carefully placed shot made. That takes skill, but it isn't any indication the the bow is, in any way, equal to a big bore rifle for shooting Cape buffalo. With many big bore rifles, buffalo have to be hunted the same way you would with a bow, if the bush is tight.

The Bow, and arrow kills by an alltogether different means than a rifle, big bore or not. This is the reason the takeing of Cape Buffalo, with a sub standard rifle, or a bow is far more dangerous than some realize. With the small rifle, or an arrow, if everything is perfect, and the buff decides to run, after the shot, rather than fight, then you have your buffalo. If, however, he decides he doesn't like you, and wishes to take the fight to your door, then I want to hear all the big talk about your bow or small rifle, or large pistol!

None the less, that Buffalo is fine no matter how he was taken, but it only proves a combination of hunting skill, and luck, along with perseverance, not the superiority of the bow as a Cape Buffalo hunting tool!

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

BwanaBob
.300 member

Reged: 03/07/03
Loc: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
      #41838 - 17/11/05 10:22 PM

Who needs a bigbore?.....

......why everyone, of course!

(what a silly question )

--------------------
"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)

Safarischorsch
.275 member

Reged: 28/02/04
Re: Who needs a bigbore? [Re: 475Guy]
      #42866 - 03/12/05 07:03 AM

The question is not if icould do that because i love my .460 Heym Express and i love the big bang...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2698

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com