Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Resident hunting in RSA

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Re: Resident hunting in RSA [Re: BlainSmipy]
      #45123 - 29/12/05 11:03 AM

I'm not allowed to bring a rifle with me because there is no provision for me in South African Law to bring a rifle with me as a temporary 2 years worker. Since I work for the US government, US law requires me to have permission of the U.S Ambassador to bring a rifle overseas. Since the US Ambassador doesn't have the authority to supersed another countries law I can't bring a gun with me. It's also known as a condtion of employment. If I want to go to South Africa to work I know up front that I can't take a gun with me.

I am allowed a to acquire a shotgun and rifle while in South Africa as long as I comply with the local law.

Now can you think of a better deal than that.

I get to go to RSA, and I get buy another rifle. What a deal.

The wife figured this out this afternoon when she saw me setting the Tuff-Pak out to pack for the trip. She asked what that was for, since I couldn't bring a gun. I told her it was to use to bring back one of the four foot tall carved wood giraffes she saw over there last trip. She gave me that look, and said she knows I figured out another way to get a new gun...after 39 years of marriage she has figured me out....

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shakari
.400 member

Reged: 09/02/03
Loc: South Africa
Re: Resident hunting in RSA [Re: DoubleD]
      #45163 - 29/12/05 03:37 PM

Colorado,

I believe the SA Dept of Home Afairs have a website which should tell you all you need to know. 'Fraid I don't have the address but I'm sure you'll find it through the search engines.

DD, It took me a long time work out that the female of the species really are the master race....... there's no fooling 'em!

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5508

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com