Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Frankfurt Firearms Form

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
albertan
.333 member

Reged: 13/06/06
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Frankfurt Firearms Form
      #264146 - 25/04/15 04:04 AM

Many of us will be going through Frankfurt whether going hunting or returning from a hunt. It is my understanding that they like to have notification of this ahead of time and all it takes is a simple, single page form to be sent via e-mail or fax. Does anyone have an English copy of this form that can be posted hear for all to peruse and print off if necessary.

I found a German copy, and while straight forward, my German is so poor that I could make a simple mistake. This would no doubt slow things down.

Please chime in.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: Frankfurt Firearms Form [Re: albertan]
      #264170 - 25/04/15 11:28 PM

E-mail me the German form and I will decipher it for you. My e-mail address is in my profile.

albertan
.333 member

Reged: 13/06/06
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Frankfurt Firearms Form [Re: xausa]
      #264205 - 26/04/15 08:18 AM

I found a link @ www.huntingreport.com that I was able to download to my home computer. Being particularly gift-less at all things computer related I am struggling to post the information here.

Since 2013, Frankfurt has required all those travelling with firearms to give them a few bucks (Euros) and 3-4 weeks heads up that you will be moving guns, ammunition and knives through their airport. They ask for your guns basic description and serial numbers. Your destination and a few other obvious questions. When I went through Frankfurt in 2004, en route to Zimbabwe, I was taken in and questioned for an hour. The police were very polite, and very direct, with regards to the questions I was asked. Canada had a firearms registration system in at that time and I had copies made of my firearms registration(proof of ownership) that actually really helped. Once my story was told to two different police officers, they compared stories for a few moments privately and then came back to me, wished me good luck and shook my hand. Like I said, They were very polite, and pleasant to deal with. South African and Zimbabwean authorities just took cash. Green-backs only.

It would be great if we could put together a self help area to guide hunters through the maze of bureaucratic red tape that makes the world go round. The USA has another form that must be obtained if you are even just connecting flights. The ATF seem to be in no apparent hurry.I am certain there are others. South Africa and Russia have their own brand of nonsense. Russia is a particular joy. If there is 6 hours before your flight, you will spend all but 10 minutes of that time going over nonsense. My extra baggage and over weight fees in Russia was South of 1500$ USD. Soaking wet brown bear skins are not light.

Form numbers and basic tricks of the trade would be a real boon to first time hunters.

The first trick is make as direct a flight as you possibly can, even if it costs you money. Every country has their own laws and the same can be said of every airport. The fewer, the better. If you are not an American citizen, do not fly over or change flights in the USA. If you do so, you must obtain written permission from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the ATF, and as I stated earlier in this post, they are in no apparent hurry.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 388 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1171

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com