Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: ... arrogance at itīs finest

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
rigbymauser
.400 member

Reged: 15/05/05
Loc: Denmark
... arrogance at itīs finest
      #240996 - 22/01/14 05:02 AM

I did an enquiry just prior to christmas regarding a ball & shotgun.

Here is the corrospondance:

I then phoned them last week and left a message also.

I here by write them again with the first e-mail and this one:

I recieve reply:

intersting people isnīt it..!.

Their homepage: http://www.thedevizesgunsmith.co.uk/

Edited by rigbymauser (22/01/14 06:19 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: rigbymauser]
      #240997 - 22/01/14 05:07 AM

WOW--he should apply for a job with the Federal Goverment over here in the US if the gun thing doesnt work out for him over there...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Oldbrit
.333 member

Reged: 04/04/10
Loc: UK
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: Ripp]
      #240998 - 22/01/14 05:24 AM

I take exception to "British" arrogance, after all I wouldn't judge all Danes by your xenophobic rudeness or even your rotten lager.

However, I checked on this trader's website and on 21st January it still says:

"I Am Now Closed For My Christmas Break. I Will Be Open Again From The 8th January 2014."

This man is simply a dickhead and no businessman, I thought all countries had those.

Edited by Oldbrit (22/01/14 05:26 AM)

rigbymauser
.400 member

Reged: 15/05/05
Loc: Denmark
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: Oldbrit]
      #241001 - 22/01/14 05:54 AM

Quote:

I take exception to "British" arrogance, after all I wouldn't judge all Danes by your xenophobic rudeness or even your rotten lager.

However, I checked on this trader's website and on 21st January it still says:

"I Am Now Closed For My Christmas Break. I Will Be Open Again From The 8th January 2014."

This man is simply a dickhead and no businessman, I thought all countries had those.

I have actually contacted a few gundealers in England. I have experienced when confronting them why they didn`t just didn`t answer with a simple reply like " Sorry sir..the gun is sold".....they either hang up or make up an excuse.
I know not all are like that in England ofcouse, but itīs a coincidence so many of those who advertice, do like being contacted from people who show interst. I have changed the headline. Don't want to acuse all in England for being arrogant as I apparently was about to do.
BTW...never liked Lager.

Edited by rigbymauser (22/01/14 06:37 AM)

Oldbrit
.333 member

Reged: 04/04/10
Loc: UK
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: rigbymauser]
      #241006 - 22/01/14 07:18 AM

Quote:

BTW...never liked Lager.

Oh well, in that case you are obviously a gent of taste and distinction and we'll have to have a beer together sometime.

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: Oldbrit]
      #241008 - 22/01/14 07:49 AM

It is not just in England that the gun dealers are rude, here in Australia the very large majority are like that. There are a few shops that are pleasant to deal with but the majority are rude and arrogant. Trying to get them to order something that is not on their shelf ready for immediate sale is extremely difficult. Asking questions on a product you might be interested in buying generally is answered with "I wouldn't know mate" and that is it. They don't try and find out for you, they just stand there.
But best of all is trying to get a gun shop to send photos of a gun that you might be interested in buying online. They will have one photo and when you ring up and ask for some more photos they are always stunned and a bit annoyed that you should ask, and never have any on hand. Then you get the usual spiel about how they can't do it themselves, only their mate can do it and he is away or won't be in for a week and on it goes. Then when you ask them to send the sort of photos that that they would like to see if they themselves were buying a gun online, one dealer actually said to me he would never buy a gun online even though was happy to sell them online. Then he told me everybody trusts him and a verbal description was enough. When he finally sent some other photos, the gun in question was in poor condition and had been heavily and poorly modified, but you could not tell from the one photo he had. You could be sure that trying to get your money back if you had bought of him online would be a non event.The rest of them send you ten pictures of exactly the same view. I have bought about fifteen guns online, with much pain and suffering,and only one dealer was friendly and had more pictures of good quality, ready to go. Imagine trying to sell a car or house online without at least ten photos
Unfortunately, as a dealers license is difficult to obtain, they basically have a captive market. There are only so many shops and if they are all rude and apathetic then you don't have a choice and end up buying from them anyway because of convenience. I run my own small business and I know if I treated customers that way I wouldn't have many left.
Some of you may have noticed that my last couple of replies have been mainly whinging, however I am constantly amazed at how poorly a lot of businesses treat their customers but still make plenty of money.
Anyway, I better go now, There are customers knocking on the door.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

BB416
.275 member

Reged: 01/10/13
Loc: QLD Australia
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #241009 - 22/01/14 08:21 AM

Quote:

It is not just in England that the gun dealers are rude, here in Australia the very large majority are like that. There are a few shops that are pleasant to deal with but the majority are rude and arrogant. Trying to get them to order something that is not on their shelf ready for immediate sale is extremely difficult. Asking questions on a product you might be interested in buying generally is answered with "I wouldn't know mate" and that is it. They don't try and find out for you, they just stand there.
But best of all is trying to get a gun shop to send photos of a gun that you might be interested in buying online. They will have one photo and when you ring up and ask for some more photos they are always stunned and a bit annoyed that you should ask, and never have any on hand. Then you get the usual spiel about how they can't do it themselves, only their mate can do it and he is away or won't be in for a week and on it goes. Then when you ask them to send the sort of photos that that they would like to see if they themselves were buying a gun online, one dealer actually said to me he would never buy a gun online even though was happy to sell them online. Then he told me everybody trusts him and a verbal description was enough. When he finally sent some other photos, the gun in question was in poor condition and had been heavily and poorly modified, but you could not tell from the one photo he had. You could be sure that trying to get your money back if you had bought of him online would be a non event.The rest of them send you ten pictures of exactly the same view. I have bought about fifteen guns online, with much pain and suffering,and only one dealer was friendly and had more pictures of good quality, ready to go. Imagine trying to sell a car or house online without at least ten photos
Unfortunately, as a dealers license is difficult to obtain, they basically have a captive market. There are only so many shops and if they are all rude and apathetic then you don't have a choice and end up buying from them anyway because of convenience. I run my own small business and I know if I treated customers that way I wouldn't have many left.
Some of you may have noticed that my last couple of replies have been mainly whinging, however I am constantly amazed at how poorly a lot of businesses treat their customers but still make plenty of money.
Anyway, I better go now, There are customers knocking on the door.

Well said and unfortunately you are certainly correct when it comes to service in this country

Claydog
.375 member

Reged: 17/08/12
Loc: Katherine, Northern Territory ...
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: BB416]
      #241013 - 22/01/14 08:56 AM

Firstly I have to say the Danes larger may be lacking but their pilsner is generally a fine drop. Usually a much more pleasant experience buying from a private buyer in Australia I have found. Most of the guys selling the gun have loved and appreciated it and know what a buyer will want to know about it.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: British arrogance at itīs finest [Re: Claydog]
      #241048 - 23/01/14 06:23 AM

Pilsner - Lager - I link them together as drinks for ladies - I personally prefer a light to medium dark Ale- without too heavy in the Hops department.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5700

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com