Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Shark Within A Shark Picture

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Fishing

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Shark Within A Shark Picture
      #234521 - 22/08/13 03:15 AM

Researchers at the University of Delaware's ORB LAB posted this photo of a shark within a shark on Facebook in late July. The lab memebers were using a small fish called a menhaden as bait to recapture sharks they had previously tagged.

According to the Facebook post, a 3-foot-long shark known as a dogfish swam up and snatched the bait moments before a large female sand tiger shark swallowed the dogfish.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/15/shark-within-a-shark-phot_n_3761489.html

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MikeRowe
.333 member

Reged: 23/11/11
Loc: Arkansas, USA
Re: Shark Within A Shark Picture [Re: lancaster]
      #234522 - 22/08/13 03:41 AM

Better him than me....that's quite a mouthful of choppers.

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Re: Shark Within A Shark Picture [Re: MikeRowe]
      #234523 - 22/08/13 04:53 AM

Reminds me of a cracker about 16 years ago. Me and my mate were working for Bank of America in Hong Kong who the took over an outfit in San francisco. Cut a long story short we had to go over to San Fran for 3 weeks on business but one of the weekends was a holiday so there were 4 days off. Me being a fisherman I thought immediately "Cabo San Lucas" so we got a flight down there, Roosterfish, Sailfish, Marlin, Tuna, the works down there. Now my friend was no fisherman, in fact utterly clueless but nonetheless came along. As soon as we checked in to the hotel I got down the dock and booked us a skiff for the afternoon. Out we went and I gave him first crack, 10 mins he is into a big Rooster but keeps trying to wind the reel the wrong way.....it gets off. I caught a couple of big Gars, they grow up to about 25lbs or more there but otherwise quiet. My mate is bored now and decides to go for a dip (it was hot). Just as he is about to climb out of the boat the biggest Tiger shark I have yet to see, swims past, literally 2 metres from the skiff. Now that skiff was 18 foot give or take and he was virtually the same length !! God knows what he would have weighed, even the mexican skipper was stunned. I have never seen anyone in my life go as white as my mate Funny thing is, he had the last laugh. We are motoring slowly back to port in our little skiff and all the big boys are coming back in their 40 foot Bertrams, Hatteras etc when I see a sailfish jump near the rocks. Quick as you like I put a live mackeral on and cast it to where the sail was, 20 seconds, bang, I´m in. All the big boats stop and start watching. Bloody hell I think, this is heavy for a sail. 20 mins later up he comes, I´ve hooked a bloody seal in a fin !!!! Skipper and my mate are pissing themselves laughing as is everyone else in the vicinity. I got it to the boat and we cut the line next to the hook (not without difficulty). God the embarrasement, best
Mike

Rule303
.450 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Shark Within A Shark Picture [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #234542 - 22/08/13 01:57 PM

I like SCUBA diving but not swimming on the surface. Either way if I was in the water and saw an 18 footer I would be running on the surface no trouble at all.

Something that big would swallow you in one.

Rhodes
.275 member

Reged: 20/09/11
Loc: NQ, Australia
Re: Shark Within A Shark Picture [Re: Rule303]
      #234546 - 22/08/13 06:33 PM

LOL the old seal and the mackerel trick, I bet the seal wasn't laughing either :-)

I was heading home after mackerel fishing one morning and spotted some hump back whales frolicking inside the cape. I was in a 12 foot tinny and decided to scoot over for a closer look as it was flat calm. When I got close enough I cut the motor and drifted in close. It was a mother about 30ft long and her calf, a little 9ft chap splashing about and waving his fins in the air. The little one came over to the boat for a look and I took some pic's and gave him a scratch on the nose. Mum started to take notice around about then and came in between us and surfaced so her back was out of the water between the youngster and the tinny. Feeling a little dwarfed I got the message, said my goodbye's and made my exit.

Having a splash

Little guy says hello

Mum says it's time to go

cheers
Rhodes

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2238

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com