Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Couple of CZ550 & McMillan stock questions.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
brewman
.224 member

Reged: 17/09/09
Loc: South Australia
Couple of CZ550 & McMillan stock questions.
      #230351 - 22/05/13 10:06 AM

I have a CZ550 Safari in 375H&H and several years ago I managed to get a brand new McMillan stock which is a custom drop in to suit said action / barrel, this stock has sat in the safe ever since and I might finally get around to fitting it.

Do you think there is any great advantage in getting the action bedded?
As far as I know the McMillan drop in stocks are reasonably good straight out of the box.

Would it benefit from floating the barrel?
I ask this as there is a third “Barrel” screw. The McMillan stock is not drilled for this third screw so I am not sure how mandatory it is?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

P.S if anyone knows a good contact in South Australia that could help with such a project please share!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Couple of CZ550 & McMillan stock questions. [Re: brewman]
      #230386 - 23/05/13 06:18 AM

Brewman, can you give us the stock model No for your CZ 550, approximate cost & who did you get it thru here in Oz please?
Not sure what the go is for "synthetic" stocks, heard that you still do bedding/releiving on them like a wooden stock - but only to take out the variations in the new stock itself.
If there is a bedding block within the stock I wouldn't bother about it (barrel channel relieved of course)
Hope some of the other guys chime in here, only really have wood stocks on my bigger stuff, sorry but a .223 in a synthetic stock doesn't count in recoil!
93x64mm

brewman
.224 member

Reged: 17/09/09
Loc: South Australia
Re: Couple of CZ550 & McMillan stock questions. [Re: 93x64mm]
      #230403 - 23/05/13 03:00 PM

Not sure of model numbers mate, this is all the McMillan site says about it, and thier description of the custom drop-in option.

"CZ EXPRESS

This is an English safari style stock designed specifically for the CZ 550 Magnum action. It will work with many other large caliber actions with drop belly floorplates such as the Brno 602, the Olympic Arms BBK-01 and the 02 actions. The medium-width forend will accept custom barrel contours up to a Douglas #5 but will not take heavy straight taper target type contours. Right hand only.

CUSTOM DROP-IN (with Decelerator Pad)

(Custom Drop-in is completely finished and includes: full inlet, pad, 2-studs, paint or molded-in camo or marble colors"

I bought this privately from a guy who decided to change a project he had planned to use it for, the stock never had anything mounted in it so is as new.

There is no bedding block, just a recoil lug,

Cheers!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 37 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2550

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com