Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Donkey with 375H&H

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
Gaff
.224 member

Reged: 05/08/11
Loc: Darwin NT
Donkey with 375H&H
      #189711 - 11/09/11 07:05 PM

I have just returned from a week long trip of which the objective was to cull as many feral donkeys as we could it turned out that there wasn't many to be had but we got a few pigs and feral dogs as well so it was still a good week away.
During a drink stop on our search for donkeys, a lone jack started eee orring a couple of hundred meters from where we were sitting, we sat quietly and then we spotted him wandering through the trees, he spotted us and after studying us for a while started to head away, we decided to walk after him and see if we could get him rather than chase him down on the quads.
With GregHud on the video and me with the rifle we set off in his direction, a short time into the walk we saw him coming back again so I sat down to fire from the sitting position and waited for a clear shot, he was standing at about 140 -150 meters front on slightly angled and the first shot hit with a thump in the right side of his chest, this pill was later recovered on the opposite side about 6 inches in front of his rear leg under the skin. This shot didn't put him down (it would have been fatal but I like to speed up the process for the sake of being as humane as possible) so a second and third were put into his right shoulder before he fell over again showing how stubborn these animals can be.
Load was 67gn of 2206H behind a 270 ppsn woodliegh doing just under 2700 fps all three did not exit.
see the following video.
Cheers Gaff
http://www.youtube.com/user/ntdanny#p/a/u/0/EJm8eq220WA

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: Donkey with 375H&H [Re: Gaff]
      #189712 - 11/09/11 07:09 PM

Well-done!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1610

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com