Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: David Lloyd Obituary

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Oldbrit
.333 member

Reged: 04/04/10
Loc: UK
David Lloyd Obituary
      #176190 - 25/02/11 07:49 AM

David Lloyd, who has died aged 70, was a colonial officer and big-game hunter-turned-conservationist; having dissipated his inherited wealth in an uncompromising pursuit of pleasure, he eventually set about saving Kasanka, a neglected game reserve which he re-established as Zambia’s first privately-funded national park.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/8334051/David-Lloyd.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Re: David Lloyd Obituary [Re: Oldbrit]
      #176207 - 25/02/11 06:03 PM

QUOTE: "His hunting activities could be equally erratic. On one occasion he was hired to take some French dignitaries on safari in Zaire. Having arrived in Kinshasa and reported to the Belgian proprietors of the safari company, he promptly disappeared. When another member of the team arrived some days later, his first task was to track Lloyd down. Armed with a passport photo and $500 dollars, he wrote: “I began my first hunt in Zaire through the red light district of Kinshasa; often getting close to my quarry as he remained just one drink ahead of me.” When Lloyd was finally run to ground enjoying a well-earned breakfast at the Holiday Inn, he was relieved of command but, typically, proceeded with the trip anyway, as a client."

what a character !

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1532

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com