Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Schüler double rifle 11,2x72R

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Schüler double rifle 11,2x72R
      #174004 - 24/01/11 08:01 PM

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3123302

Firma: August Schüler Suhl (ASS), Richard Schüler Herkules-Doppelbüchse Baujahr: Januar 1922 Kal. 11,2x72R

Beschussdaten auf der Waffe:
Adler/Krone/G = Vorbeschuss mit Schwarzpulver für gezogenen Kugellauf (G = Geschoss)
Krone/N = Endbeschuss mit Nitropulver
Adler/Krone/U = Untersuchung nach dem Endbeschuss
W.K. = Wilhelm Kelber (Rohrlauf-Fabrikant in Suhl)
22855 = Waffennummer (gesamt); 855 ist dabei die Ziffernfolge, die auf alle Hauptteile der Waffe gestempelt wird
StmG = Stahlmantel-Geschoss 21 gr. Geschossgewicht

Ed. Kettner, Coeln = Eduard Kettner, Köln, Waffenbau und Versandhaus, hatte ab 1910 eine Filiale in Suhl. Versandte Waffen Suhler Büchsenmacher in alle Kontinente.

Herkules-Verschluss:
Mit dem obenliegenden Verschlusshebel stehen bewegliche Seitenbacken in Verbindung, die sich hinten beiderseits an die Läufe klemmen und dort die runden Laufverschlusszapfen umschließen. In Verbindung mit dem Doppelriegel ist damit eine vierfache Verriegelung erreicht. Heute wird diese Verschlussart nicht mehr gefertigt. In Einzelfertigung können heute hakenlose Herkules-Verschlüsse für Bockwaffen gebaut werden. Hierbei erfolgt die Verriegelung der Läufe mit dem Verschluss durch je zwei Verschlusswarzen an beiden Seiten der Läufe. Die vorne unten liegenden Verschlusswarzen werden in das Scharnier eingehakt, während die hinten oben liegenden durch bewegliche Verschlussblenden, wie sie vom Herkules-Verschluss älterer Bauart her bekannt sind, umfasst und so die Läufe in ihrer Schießlage festgehalten werden. Dieser hakenlose Verschluss ist äußerst kräftig und eignet sich sowohl für Doppelflinten-, Büchsflinten- wie für Doppelbüchsläufe (auch für stärkste Ladungen).

Die Waffe hat zwei kleine Mängel, die ich selber nicht reparieren lassen möchte, weil ich den Originalzustand der Doppelbüchse nicht verändern möchte:

- Feder des Verschlusshebels gebrochen

- Schlagbolzenrückholfeder eines Laufes gebrochen

the rifle have two broken springs and this is nothing that cant be fixed in Suhl today but when asking 15000 - 20000 euro for a rifle imho it have to be in working condition.
the seller have mysterious knowledge" Von dieser Waffe wurden nur 5 Stück gefertigt und es existieren gerade mal nur noch zwei Stück (mit dieser beschriebenen)!!!!! Also eine absolute Rarität im Originalzustand "

five rifle's were made and only two have survive? I believe he means the one Harald Wolf shows in Hatari time years ago but where he found Schüler made 5 Herkules double rifle's at all is not clear to me.

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Edited by CptCurl (24/01/11 09:27 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lancaster
.470 member

Re: Schüler double rifle 11,2x72R [Re: lancaster]
      #176104 - 24/02/11 04:18 AM

It's amazing what all comes to light now
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3197564

Kontra Bockbüchsflinte Gewehrfabrik August Schüler/Suhl cal 8x60R 16/65, Herkules - Verschluss inkl. ZF Oigee
a August Schüler Kontra O/U combination gun with a 8x60R barrel over a 16/65 shootgun barrel, old Oigee scope on a claw mount. most remarkable because of the Hercules action its definitely not a beauty queen! the action may be strong like Hercules but the combo is more for the collector who looks for the unusual.

--------------------

Edited by CptCurl (25/02/11 10:28 PM)

lancaster
.470 member

#176209 - 25/02/11 06:46 PM

328 views but nobody dare to say something about it...

yes, not everthing with historical value is also nice!

--------------------

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
      #176211 - 25/02/11 07:12 PM

Hi Lancaster,

I thought that I had better let you know that I looked at your effort and yes, not everything historical is a beauty but as they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" It has a massive action which as you say gives strength but not beauty but I guess if your life depended on it, you would think it the most wonderful, beautiful rifle/shotgun in the world.

Cheers,

Jeff Gray

4seventy
Sponsor

Reged: 07/05/03
Loc: Queensland Australia
      #176245 - 26/02/11 11:39 AM

lancaster,
The Herkules guns are certainly a very interesting design.
The photos you posted here are also very interesting, and thanks for posting them.
The O/U Herkules action shown in an old advert in Hatari Times #7, has a much different set of locks to the O/U which you've shown here.
The one in HT has the more usual tumblers powered by V springs, on a trigger plate style action.

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: Schüler double rifle 11,2x72R [Re: 4seventy]
      #176251 - 26/02/11 01:41 PM

These Herkules actions are too cool for words.
They're like the Zundapp sidecar rig of double rifles.
Big and stylish in their own burly fashion.

I'd love to have either.
That O/U looks neat!

Cheers
Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

lancaster
.470 member

Re: Schüler double rifle 11,2x72R [Re: tinker]
      #176266 - 27/02/11 06:28 AM

My gunsmith has a double rifle with a similarly ugly system he has bought in the fifties from the widow of the inventor in Suhl. I mean only the system in the white from which he then has built a teutonic double rifle in 8x57IRS with lots of gold and heavy game scene's.
the thing works similar like a luger pistol when the barrels are locked in the receiver and its in fact a toggle lock but in a break action.
The owner swears by the strength of the action and have told me that this the strongest action ever. but the nice double rifle is looking something,how to say it, kind of slanted or bent.

--------------------

Edited by lancaster (27/02/11 06:29 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12613

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com