Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: South African Airlines Suck!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
450Dakota
.300 member

Reged: 18/03/04
Loc: California, USA
South African Airlines Suck!
      #17278 - 27/07/04 08:16 PM

Third and final trip with SAA.. The new airbus is worse than described! Ricaro seats are very hard, computer box takes up half the leg room of window seats, not to mention the center row seats. Leg room at 6-1 is non existant, when seat in front of you reclines, it jams right into your knee's. The person in front of me and I made an agreement, she would warn me when reclining and I would let her know when I couldn't take it anymore.. Thank God my wife went with me this time as I used up half of her leg room. Also the arm rest between seats does not fold out of the way, so even if there was room next to you, you could not take advantage of it.. But on the other hand, we were able to get very friendly with all the other passengers as they too were suffering just as badly. And we all know how misery loves company.. I think if we really wanted Iraqi prisoners to spill their guts, put em on the AirBus for 20+ hours.. Oh yea! Half of the passengers videos/movies/music did not work on return trip, most likely from desperate passengers kicking the shit out of the box blocking their already limited leg room...

450Dakota

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: South African Airlines Suck! [Re: 450Dakota]
      #17283 - 27/07/04 10:36 PM

When I flew SAA I found it interesting that they gave a free choice of movies when you wanted - ie you could pick one and it started at that point. Then a crew member realised economy (cattle class) was getting the first or business class "improvement" and they all stopped and started in unison with no choice of start times.

It was also interesting how they started the movie tape a 1/2 BEFORE they released it to passengers screens. Got to watch them fully by watching the second half before the first half.

On the other hand on the way over I sat in the last row with no one beside me and a locker between me and the bulkhead so had a lot of room.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: South African Airlines Suck! [Re: NitroX]
      #17285 - 27/07/04 10:45 PM

Here's some comment on modern airlines which I quite like:

"We can see it through the vapor of our breadth - in the clear night over Newfoundland a brilliant point of light hanging in Orion, then passing slowly overhead, a Boeing 747 bucking a hundred-mile-per-hour head wind westward.

Back in steerage where the package tours go, the fifty-two members of Old World Fantasy, a tour of eleven countries in seventeen days, are returning to Detroit and Windsor, Canada. Shoulder room is twenty inches. Hip room between armrests is twenty inches. This is two inches more space than a slave had on the Middle Passage.

The passengers are being slopped with freezing-cold sandwiches of slippery meat and processed cheese food, and are re-breathing the farts and exhalations of others in economically reprocessed air, a variation on the ditch-liquor principle established by the cattle and pig merchants in the 1950s.

Travellors in the row ahead, their chairs cranked back until Dr. Lecter can smell their hair, look back through the crack between seats. "We're trying to sleep up here."
"

Thomas Harris "Hannibal"

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Robie
.275 member

Reged: 04/04/03
Re: South African Airlines Suck! [Re: 450Dakota]
      #17462 - 30/07/04 11:00 PM

Well, you know SAA is short for Sore Ass Airlines.

Otherwise the Airbus 330/340 are great planes. The problem is the passengers wishes; movies, movies, music, news,... free liqueur, free food,... you name it.

In the good old days (80's - early 90's) when we had DC8, 707, L1011 and 747 for long haul, passenger dressed properly, not to much extra handluggage as today, and a magazin or book was always is the (hand) bag. We could even write postcards, and the airline would pay for the postage
We didn't want the B-movies, drunk passeger in the next seat, full overhead bins,..

My moto is "less is more, and go wool".

Robie J.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1456

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com