Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Anyone hunting Zimbabwe,...would you be able to bring a.....

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
Anyone hunting Zimbabwe,...would you be able to bring a.....
      #167915 - 17/09/10 05:33 PM

Hi all,

This is a bit of an odd request. However I have managed to purchase after a LOT of scouring the internet a Ruger #1 Craig Boddington edition 7x57 falling block. Im so pleased to have this rifle!!

I was wondering however if anyone would be willing to bring the rifle out with them for me if you are hunting Zimbabwe, as I live in Bulawayo, Zim? Obviously I dont want anyone to break any laws so Id be prepared to put the rifle in your name, and as I understand it US clients are allowed to leave their guns in Zim after the hunt.

The rifle is currently in NY, but I would pay to have it shipped to you.

If anyone would be kind enough to help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. If you think you can help please feel free to PM me, thanks.

Sincerely,

Mark

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: Anyone hunting Zimbabwe,...would you be able to bring a..... [Re: Matabele]
      #167919 - 17/09/10 07:43 PM

Sorry, can't help, but is this THE Matabele Mark from TradGang? Or have I got my wires crossed?

Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
Re: Anyone hunting Zimbabwe,...would you be able to bring a..... [Re: Ben]
      #167922 - 17/09/10 07:55 PM

Haha, Hiya Ben, yep sure is! Its funny I was just about to drop you a line for a couple of reasons...one my Mark Kimber Huntsman just arrived, beautiful bow!!! Second Ive just read your thread about the grand adventure you had with your Ruger #1 450/400 NE 3". Great looking rifle, looks like you are having a great time with it!! I was reading the thread not knowing who wrote it, then saw your first picture and thought..."hang on a minute, thats Ben!!".

That calibre along with the 9.3x74R in the #1 platform is on my "to get" list. How do you find the recoil of the 450/400?

I'll get those pics of the Huntsman sorted out and put them up on Tradgang for you to have a look at.

Cheers for now!

Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: Anyone hunting Zimbabwe,...would you be able to bring a..... [Re: Matabele]
      #167950 - 18/09/10 05:10 AM

Good stuff, Mark. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the Huntsman! The recoil is quite mild, and I think it is even less than the .416 Rigby (CZ550). It's 0430 right now, as I'm going to try to be sitting at the edge of a wide open dam at dawn, and wait there for a few hours to see what shows. I'll have the .450/.400 3" with me. Tomorrow morning a mate and I are going to try some swamps with the Black Widows.

Hey, if you've got any photos you'd like to share, there're a heap of assorted game photo threads in the Africa Hunting forum.

Cheers,

Ben

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 378 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2701

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com