Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Burris Fasfire II on Rem/Baikal 45-70

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
WCF
.275 member

Reged: 06/05/06
Loc: georgia
Burris Fasfire II on Rem/Baikal 45-70
      #144247 - 23/10/09 10:56 PM

Greetings to all, I purchased a Burris Fastfire II last week and installed on my 45-70. The dot is clear but somewhat distorted. I have read that some have placed a small piece of masking tape over the light sensing hole to reduce the amount of light that it receives to reduce this distortion. I tried this and it helped somewhat but still not a sure fix. At 25 yards its not a significant factor however at 50 to 100 yards I can't tell where the dot is on the target due to this distortion. I'm wondering if I simply have a bad one or is this just the way they are. It has held up well after 80 rounds of the green box Rem factory 405 gr loads. For those of us that have aging eyes it seems to be a possible answer. I mounted the Burris forward on the quarter rib where the rear sight is. I wonder if it would make any difference if I mounted it further back closer to my eye. Burris sells a similiar product called the Speedbead for shotguns and I see that it mounts towards the rear of the receiver on pumps and autos. Any thoughts or suggestions.

respectfully
wcf

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: Burris Fasfire II on Rem/Baikal 45-70 [Re: WCF]
      #144248 - 23/10/09 11:00 PM

First, sounds like an option.

I'd send it back. Burris should stand by the product if it is not performing according to spec.

Second, what groups are you getting with the rifle? Range, # shots, distance center-to-center?

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1980

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com