Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Vote to support African hunting

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
shakari
.400 member

Reged: 09/02/03
Loc: South Africa
Vote to support African hunting
      #128666 - 04/03/09 01:22 AM

Folks,

Please click the link below and vote!

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php..._id=3018&poll_id=974

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bramble
.375 member

Reged: 29/07/06
Loc: England
Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: shakari]
      #128667 - 04/03/09 01:40 AM

Steve

That comes back 404 error page not found

Regards

shakari
.400 member

Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: Bramble]
      #128669 - 04/03/09 02:07 AM

Works for me mate....... maybe it's a temporary server error. Try giving it an hou and then give it another go.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
      #128684 - 04/03/09 05:33 AM

Buggered here as well Steve ? best, Mike

shakari
.400 member

Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #128686 - 04/03/09 05:52 AM

hmmmm it works for me but the vote has disappeared now. Maybe it's expired or their server is down..... I'll give it a go later.

FWIW, last time I looked, we were at about 70% to 30% against.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Edited by shakari (04/03/09 05:55 AM)

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #128690 - 04/03/09 06:21 AM

Just worked for me---
thx for the heads up...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DuggaBoy
.300 member

Reged: 03/03/09
Loc: Tx
Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: Ripp]
      #128705 - 04/03/09 08:49 AM

ditto
404 error

--------------------
DuggaBoy
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DSC

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: DuggaBoy]
      #128714 - 04/03/09 12:38 PM

Sanlam cancels hunting trip

March 03 2009 at 05:48AM

By Natasha Joseph

The investment giant Sanlam has cancelled a planned hunting expedition for "a select group of about five clients" after receiving complaints from animal rights organisations.

The trip was due to have been held from May 21 to 23 in Adelaide in the Eastern Cape.

Sanlam Investment Management spokesperson Claire Rabe said "a select group of about five clients" who were "regular experienced hunters" had been invited on the "client relationship building" trip.

She denied that Sanlam used policyholders' money to fund such events.

"We do not spend policyholders' money on these events," she said. "They are, without exception, funded from fees generated from within the business. Therefore, no policyholder fees have ever been used for this purpose."

Click here!

She was "unsure of what the ultimate budget would have been" because the event had been cancelled.

The event was to have been co-ordinated by East Cape Plains Game Safaris.

On the company's website, prospective clients are offered the opportunity to hunt 27 different type of animal.

These include East Cape kudu, Cape springbok, blesbok, white blesbok, bontebok, impala, red mountain reedbuck, baboons and vervet monkeys.

The website says that "in the interest of humane hunting", all hunters must "submit to a basic shooting skills test before being granted permission to enter the hunting area".

It adds: "Only ethical walk-and-stalk hunting is permitted, and the minimum calibre to be hunted with is 7mm or .270.

"Please note that we also cater for handgun and black powder hunting. The hunting area stretches over 30 000 hectares, from the Koonap River Valley at 1 500ft above sea level, to the Winterberg at 7 500ft."

o This article was originally published on page 1 of Cape Times on March 03, 2009

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: NitroX]
      #128715 - 04/03/09 12:39 PM

Hunting is a despicable act - readers

March 03 2009 at 04:12PM
Related Articles

* Sanlam cancels hunting trip

By Ainsley Daniels

Complaints from several animal rights organisations have forced the investment giant Sanlam to rethink a planned hunting expedition for its select clients.

IOL asked readers: "Hunting is a..."

Of the 890 people who voted in the poll, 7 percent (64 votes) said "leisure activity"; 38 percent (336 votes) said "despicable act"; 43 percent (382 votes) said "Personal choice" and 12 percent (108 votes) said "great test of skill "

Some reader comments:

# Graham F: If people want to kill wild animals they must meet them on equal terms. The hunter must be completely naked and just have his hands , feet and teeth as the animal has. Some very primitive people still have to hunt for food. Most "hunters" have more than adequate food available in supermarkets and appear to think they are "manly" to kill defenceless animals for no reason.

# Lejane: Anybody who shoots a defenceless animal with a high-powered rifle from a hidden position is a coward. As for hunting being a part of CONservation, breeding animals just to kill them and then telling the world that its a part of CONserving our natural heritage - what a load of crock

# Hunter Joe: I trust you are all vegetarians.. if not, I'd visit an abattoir before calling hunting in the bush with a rifle a despicable act. See how THOSE animals are treated, hear their screams, watch the eyes of the others as they are herded in to be slaughtered. Now tell me that, stalking the animals properly in their own environment (ie. VAST open spaces) and killing them instantly with 1 shot (or arrow as some of us do) is worse!To those that think if we breed them we shouldn't control their population, maybe you should read up on ecosystems, too much of one species destroys the entire system. It's your choice!

# G A Barry: Unfortunately in our society, only things wit a commercial value survive, and this includes animals. Some species have been brought back from the brink of extinction because they have a commercial value. Whether this is right or wrong can be debated for ever. Only if you are a vegetarian can you object to hunting. Visit an abattoir, cattle/sheep/ chicken farm, then go on a hunt. You will soon make up your mind. Hunted venison contains no artificial growth hormones, antibiotics and chicken litter and also very little fat. I would rather be a buck shot while relaxed in the veld, than be farmed pig, caged, transported and slaughtered at an abattoir.

# Jeff Carley: I am a lepidopterist and would rather see people keeping a piece of land in it's natural state, which they would have to for wild animals to survive than destroyed for a golf course. If you survey the number of butterflies that fly on a golf course or in a holiday resort you will see that it is much lower than on a game farm. People speak with emotion when it comes to animals being shot, but wouldn't worry about another wetland getting drained to make way for another housing complex. It really is a matter of, you won't get a population of tortoises, chameleons or butterflies in a housing estate but you will still see them on a game farm. I don't hunt but I am a conservationist.

# Veritas: Hunting is a cruel and callow activity. Why do these brave and macho hunters not hunt with nothing other then their bare hands? Perhaps it's because they are not man enough to do so.

# Jon: A wild animal is happily alive one second and stone dead a split-second later. It isn't herded down an abattoir channel to be slaughtered, its nostrils full of the smell of the panic and death of other beasts. It isn't even chased down by a predator and slowly torn limb from limb. It's a quick, clean, unexpected death.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: NitroX]
      #128731 - 04/03/09 03:19 PM

error came up for me too

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Vote to support African hunting [Re: gryphon]
      #128732 - 04/03/09 03:30 PM

Poll has been closed I believe. The results are recorded in a post I made above.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2418

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com