Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Installing a Kreighoff, Semper barrel insert?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Pages: 1
Ron_Vella
.333 member

Reged: 29/04/05
Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Installing a Kreighoff, Semper barrel insert?
      #116185 - 03/10/08 11:39 AM

Yesterday I acquired a Kreighoff, Semper Model, 44 cm long, insert barrel assembly. It is chambered for the .22 Winchester magnum cartridge and is for a 16 gauge chamber. My question is, does anyone know how, or know a source of info, to make the necessary adjustments to fit it to the chamber. The square-drive screw, which draws back the tapered “shoe” and locks the assembly in place, is pretty straightforward. However, I’m not so sure about the purpose of, and the proper adjustment of, the two smaller sliding “shoes”, which are each held in place by a pair of tiny fillister-head screws.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
Re: Installing a Kreighoff, Semper barrel insert? [Re: Ron_Vella]
      #116603 - 10/10/08 02:44 PM

There is also a small roll pin that needs to be seated into a tight fitting slot in the extractor. It relocates the insert to the regulated position the next time you use it. The two sliding lugs are to regulate the barrel, and as you will notice, they are not opposed 180 degrees, so you will have windage and elevation adjustment by moving them up and down. You do need to make the small round slot in the extractor before you try to seat and tighten the insert with a square key, or you'll damage the roll pin.

I always install the inserts into the right barrel, as that has the set trigger.

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

Ron_Vella
.333 member

Reged: 29/04/05
Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Re: Installing a Kreighoff, Semper barrel insert? [Re: luv2safari]
      #116638 - 11/10/08 04:16 AM

luv2safari,
Many thanks. I had already figured out the roll pin as an indexing device. I CAREFULLY filed a mating slot for it in a 16 bore extractor and it works fine. I was hoping for some "magical" advice re the two regulating screws but I guess that it's just trial and error.

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2149

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com