Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Would you buy this?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
Montana
.224 member

Reged: 18/02/04
Loc: CSA
Would you buy this?
      #10642 - 02/03/04 02:35 PM

I have been looking for a 375H&H. Came across this one today.

SAKO L61R magnum action never fired w/ PacNor Medium taper 22 in barrel never fired, glass bedded in, SAKO Forester stock taken off factory 375 H&H excellent condition, Original SAKO low mounts NIB, Leupold VX III 1.5-5 variable scope like new in box, with butler creek flip up covers, and new leather sling.

The pics I have look good, the sticking points for me are 22" barrel and it is not CRF. But he is only asking $1000 bucks for all of it.

What do you guys think, yes I am going to Africa this year on plains game and 06 for Buff.

Wayne

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
475Guy
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/03
Loc: Kali, US
Re: Would you buy this? [Re: Montana]
      #10647 - 02/03/04 02:56 PM

Hey, if you like it then buy it. Use the hell out it for PG and save up for a CRF DG rifle down the road.

--------------------
Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place among
them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

PAHunter
.224 member

Loc: Allentown, PA USA
Re: Would you buy this? [Re: Montana]
      #10754 - 03/03/04 11:45 AM

Hi Montana:

Basically that sounds like a very nice semi custom rifle, and the price is right for $1,000.00 BUT BUT BUT... this is just MY OPINION ONLY...

Was the barrel put on correctly, was the chamber cut correctly. Will the action feed correctly all the time, remember the gun was never fired, how do you know the work was done correctly until you buy it and shoot for groups and function. Was the stock free floated, pillar and glass bedded, ..?? The phrase never fired is what I would be leary of. I wouldn't worry about a 22in barrel that much, and I could take or leave the CRF issue. But that is a low price for someone to do all that work and sell for a grand.

A regular Sako Finnbear say in 7MM Mag in excellent condition with a pre 72 L61R action is worth almost a grand, according to Blue Book Pub Inc.

Buyer beware...

For about the same price you can buy a brand new Ruger 375 RSM... if something is wrong send it back to Ruger. You get scope mounts, CRF, and a great looking rifle.

Regards... Jim P.

Montana
.224 member

Loc: CSA
Re: Would you buy this? [Re: PAHunter]
      #10757 - 03/03/04 12:22 PM

I talked to this guy on the phone he is from Oregon and was a heck of a nice guy. That aside I think he just wants to get rid of it. The barrel is unblued and he offered to pay half of that. The barrel is a pac-nor they may have done the barrel job or a guy named Larry Brace that builds custom rifles. Anyway he told me that he bought the action many years ago and just put it in the safe.

The unfired part also was a warning to me, but after talking to this guy who knows, hell the scope is worth $400. I have found another gun that I will probaly buy but am tempted to get this one to because it is a steal. I have seen pics it looks good. He emailed me today and said he was going to send it to Larry Brace and have him rust blue it.

Anyway if anybody out there wants to take a look I will forward his pics and email.

Wayne

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2351

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com