Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Can Sheep Hunting in the Yukon Survive Another Century?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Can Sheep Hunting in the Yukon Survive Another Century? [Re: Rod4861]
      #370764 - 26/10/22 02:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hunting them up high, is totally different than the highway sheep.
By the same thought direction:

Whitetail deer are very plentiful & semi-tame in many BC cities. Can't see why anyone would get excited about hunting them.
&
The moose in BC will sometimes stand in the middle of the highway, forcing traffic to stop. etc, etc, etc.

Exactly... and NO, the wild sheep are not stupid nor easy to hunt.. very keen senses and in very thin air enviroments...

To answer the question. WHY DO YOU HUNT SHEEP?? My answer, not to sound whatever,, but if your asking that question you probably wont understand..

Many hunters can't do it.. walk and hike in the steep mtns for days on end carrying 50lb plus backpacks.. at 10-16,000 ft elevation.. Amazingly beautiul country.. most will never see in their lifetimes with the exception of looking out a jet window..

Some of my most remarkable hunting adventures in my life have been hunting high altitude game.. Sheep, mtn goats, ibex, chamois..Just being in the mtns hunting is exciting enough..getting above tree line is even more so..

That's just me..others may feel differently..

Pretty well sums up my opinion too.

The only thing stopping me going back for another Dall is the cost….especially when the Aussie Dollar is as low as it is. It took me two trips to Alaska to get my ram……sheep hunting is something pretty special.

Rod

Always knew you did things the hard way. Next time just use a good sheep dog, they'll herd them down to you.

Thanks mate…you’re a funny barstard……..but, that’s not a bad idea. Do you reckon I could try using cats rather than dogs? It would make it more of a challenge.

Cheers Rod

Ha ha ha

Are you nuts, have you tried herding cats, let alone get them to do the herding. I sometimes wonder about your sanity..........................probably comes from being retired and spending so much time with your better.................um other half.

PS Don't show her this.

You’re way braver than me…

I am safe until I drop around

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Can Sheep Hunting in the Yukon Survive Another Century? [Re: Rule303]
      #370767 - 27/10/22 12:25 AM

At those prices Sheep are well and truly safe from me.

However I have done mynram already. A Kiwi wild feral ram. What's more impressive than that!

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1872

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com