Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: BRNO ZKK 602

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
MauserRifle
.300 member

Reged: 15/03/05
Loc: U.S.A.
Re: BRNO ZKK 602 [Re: Boomer]
      #39010 - 11/10/05 08:28 AM

Boomer

Are you looking for just an action, or a complete rifle? I own several Brno 602's. Send me a PM and let me know what you are interested in purchasing.

--------------------
Mauser Rifle

Everyday is a great day, some days are just better than others!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
Re: BRNO ZKK 602 [Re: MauserRifle]
      #39025 - 11/10/05 01:18 PM

James

The distributor in Canada is Mr. Dave Campbell of London Arms Ltd., Unit #9, 90 Claireport Crescent, Rexdale, Ontario, 416-675-1322. I e-mailed Brno and it took 2-3 weeks for a response.
I did not write down the site that I found the info concerning the 404J, and in my searches I have not come up with it again but I'm sure it is still out there.

Adam

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

MauserRifle
.300 member

Re: BRNO ZKK 602 [Re: AdamTayler]
      #39028 - 11/10/05 02:25 PM

Adam

I appreciate the information for the Brno distributor in Canada. As I remember, it took about two weeks or so for my catalog to get here from Czechoslovakia and it was sent special delivery. It seems like it takes quite a long time to get anything from overseas for some reason.

If you need prices on any of their products, let me know as I have their price sheet.

James

--------------------
Mauser Rifle

ALF
.275 member

Reged: 21/11/03
Loc: Out of Africa
      #39032 - 11/10/05 03:24 PM

I have been collecting Brno rifles and stuff for nearly 30 years now and have been looking for info where ever I can find it.

Sadly both Brno and CZ have little to offer as most of the historical data and stuff was archived by the commies. Language is a huge problem as well.

What I'm looking to do is some day soon is to travel to the Czech Republic and personally seek out information such as photographs of the famous gun makers.

I would dearly love to see and procure copies of the original factory drawings of the various rifles.

There is way more than just the ZKK's and the ZG's. The Holek over and under shotguns and rifles coded as ZH and then the sidelock side by side shotguns of Pistecky coded as ZP of which there are 29 variants.

MauserRifle
.300 member

Re: BRNO ZKK 602 [Re: ALF]
      #39046 - 12/10/05 04:14 AM

ALF

I have not been collecting Brno's for as long as you, only the last few years for me, but I also have a deep interest in the rifles.

In my personal opinion, they are one of the finest production Mausers ever made, if not the finest. IMO, I would go so far as to say they are the finest production rifles ever produced for the money!

My wife and I are also planning to go to Czechoslovakia as my Grandmother is from there and my Grandfather is from Austria, these grand parents are on my Mother's side. I wish to obtain my citizenship for these countries as well as for Italy as both of my Grandparents on my Fathers side are from Italy.

Again I wish to thank you for all the information you have provided. I have made copies of everything for future reference.

--------------------
Mauser Rifle

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #39049 - 12/10/05 05:41 AM

Wholesalesports.com & Russellsports.com in Calgary both sell BRNO's and the newer CZ's using both banners in the advertizement.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

MauserRifle
.300 member

Re: BRNO ZKK 602 [Re: DarylS]
      #39053 - 12/10/05 06:20 AM

Daryl_S

Thanks for the information. Do you happen to have the web page for these dealers, if they have one?

I have a catalog from the factory and know who the importer is for Canada, but would also like info. on any dealers.

Thanks

--------------------
Mauser Rifle

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #39066 - 12/10/05 11:32 AM

www.wholesalesports.com and www.russellsports.com fro current BRNO dealers in Western Canada. There may be some in the lower mainland of B.C., but the ones posted are the best buys except the m600 7X57 classic stocked and m601 .308 motecarlo locally at $495 and $500. I don't believe they're available in the Alberta's shops I noted above. The older BRNO's are brand new. I bought one in 7X57 last year and it holds less than an inch with about 6 different loads I've tried. Everything so far, including Barnes Triple Shocks and 2 different factory loads prints less than an inch.
; I've shot 175 Hornady's, 140 Accubonds, 145gr. Speer and 120gr. Nosler BT's.- all print small groups with the Barnes TS giving 3-shot 1/4" groups.
: I-too appreciate the M600 BRNO as well as my older (now sold) 602 in .358NM and spare 602 barrel in .375H&H.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

MauserRifle
.300 member

Re: BRNO ZKK 602 [Re: DarylS]
      #39070 - 12/10/05 12:10 PM

Daryl_S

Thank you for the web address. I have sent you a PM.

--------------------
Mauser Rifle

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 32591

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com