Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 2 dumb questions re new Mauser 98 actions

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Rothhammer1
.400 member

Reged: 06/01/17
Loc: The Redwoods of California
Re: 2 dumb questions re new Mauser 98 actions [Re: Bidyanus1]
      #347268 - 28/11/20 12:14 PM

Quote:

I want to build a lightweight (hence the small ring) M98 20" barrel in 30'06.

...I know in reality its neither here nor there but I prefer the genuine control round feed of the M98 rather than the push feed, or those that say they are CRF but in fact are not eg Ruger, SAKO

.. I dont want a 308. I want a lightweigh M 98 20" barrel in 30;06
yes I know it will be loud

... Im told old to be carrying a a full length sporter in the bush all day

Too bad it's not 1939.

From 1939 Stoeger Catalog:

--------------------
Citizen of the Cherokee Nation

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ColoradoMatt1
.300 member

Reged: 01/01/14
Loc: Northern Colorado
Re: 2 dumb questions re new Mauser 98 actions [Re: vykkagur]
      #347269 - 28/11/20 02:49 PM

Quote:

And I can't believe I've just gotten to the bottom of this entire thread before I realized that it's over three years old. Sorry!

Thanks for adding to this thread, and no need to apologize for doing so. A post may get old, but most of the time they don’t become completely irrelevant or dead. As far as I’m concerned this thread won’t be complete until the OP posts picks of the rifles he was intending to build, and even then there would be plenty of room to comment.

vykkagur
.300 member

Reged: 28/11/19
Loc: Canada
Re: 2 dumb questions re new Mauser 98 actions [Re: ColoradoMatt1]
      #347274 - 29/11/20 02:30 AM

On a forum loaded with so much excellent content over a number of years, I find I have to be constantly mindful of this. As a fairly new member, I'm forever using the search page to dig up more information on subjects of interest. So many times, I turn up great threads on which I'm dying to comment, only to find they're a decade old and half the posters haven't been heard from in years. And on occasion, like now, the date slips by me.

Which brings me to something that I've been overdue in acknowledging: We all owe a terrific debt of gratitude to our intrepid host, whose hard work hereon has made this excellent forum available for our mutual enjoyment, literally, for years. Without John, it wouldn't happen. For every hour we spend browsing the specific boards that interest us as individuals, I'm sure he must spend five patrolling the forum as a whole, keeping everything on track and maintaining the by and large civil and friendly tone that marks this forum, in contrast to some others. From this, we all benefit by great conversation and the steady exchange of useful and fascinating information about our hobby. This makes it my hands-down favourite, at the top of my list of bookmarks.

Well done, that man!

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #347276 - 29/11/20 03:04 AM

Quote:

On a forum loaded with so much excellent content over a number of years, I find I have to be constantly mindful of this. As a fairly new member, I'm forever using the search page to dig up more information on subjects of interest. So many times, I turn up great threads on which I'm dying to comment, only to find they're a decade old and half the posters haven't been heard from in years. And on occasion, like now, the date slips by me.

Thanks for the kind words.

And feel free to re-open any old threads. We keep them for that reason.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #347303 - 29/11/20 06:49 PM

Quote:

Which brings me to something that I've been overdue in acknowledging: We all owe a terrific debt of gratitude to our intrepid host, whose hard work hereon has made this excellent forum available for our mutual enjoyment, literally, for years. Without John, it wouldn't happen. For every hour we spend browsing the specific boards that interest us as individuals, I'm sure he must spend five patrolling the forum as a whole, keeping everything on track and maintaining the by and large civil and friendly tone that marks this forum, in contrast to some others. From this, we all benefit by great conversation and the steady exchange of useful and fascinating information about our hobby. This makes it my hands-down favourite, at the top of my list of bookmarks.

Well done, that man!

Actually a great way members can show appreciation is to our number of great regular posters and thread starters is to PARTICIPATE and POST REPLIES on their threads. Many people enjoy them in silence, but replying shows APPRECIATION for the posts. We have a small number of regular great posters. I could name them, but probably forget to mention some, and we know who they all are. Just had a look at thread with about five posts without a single intervening reply. A thread with many pages over time. I enjoy always at looking at the posts. What a great effort by this and other members.

Participation, replies show thanks and appreciation for their efforts.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: 2 dumb questions re new Mauser 98 actions [Re: NitroX]
      #347331 - 30/11/20 04:31 AM

Indeed, John.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

vykkagur
.300 member

Reged: 28/11/19
Loc: Canada
Re: 2 dumb questions re new Mauser 98 actions [Re: DarylS]
      #347350 - 30/11/20 04:15 PM

Very well put, John. A post without replies, withers on the vine. The discussion that follows is where the majority of the knowledge is imparted, and that's why we're here. Without discussions, the forum would soon die. Thanks to a group of prolific posters on here, I've learned a incredible amount in the last year, for which I'm hugely grateful.

tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: 2 dumb questions re new Mauser 98 actions [Re: ColoradoMatt1]
      #347415 - 01/12/20 10:32 AM

In the long run it will probably be just as expensive, with a lot less wait and angst, to buy a Rigby rifle outright. EDIT. Try QGE in Brisvegas.

Edited by tophet1 (01/12/20 10:42 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 21642

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com