Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Purdey Bolt Action Rifle in 416 Rigby

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Forum Photos & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: Purdey Bolt Action Rifle in 416 Rigby [Re: 3DogMike]
      #365173 - 03/05/22 02:03 PM

Certainly nicely done work but not to my taste.

I am guessing the dogleg front scope ring is to ensure the ring does not clamp the scope tube where the objective lens is positioned. It is generally recommended to avoid this when mounting a scope with a straight tube as any slight crushing of the tube can distort or damage the objective lens.
Obviously from the images it is not possible to determine where the objective lens is in the scope tube so again just a guess that this is the reason for the dogleg ring. It doesn't look neat and tidy coming in over the action opening like it does.

The stock design is a virtual copy of the A-Square Hannibal coil-chek stock which are designed to soak up recoil, which they apparently do very well. The A-Square stocks are rather heavy and chunky looking as some have pointed out is the case for the stock on the Purdey above.

Edited by eagle27 (03/05/22 02:04 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4029

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com