Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Verification wanted

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Hook
.224 member

Reged: 01/03/18
Loc: Heart of Dixie
Verification wanted
      #314644 - 29/03/18 10:09 AM

I've had my M-S a couple of months now and have thoroughly enjoyed educating myself about it, it's caliber, and the Hensoldt scope that came on it. You fellows were very helpful about that scope and scope mounting system (http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=313483&an=0&page=0#Post313483) and I now have the rifle shooting very well indeed. Considering my eyes and the thick post reticle, I'm tickled to death about the consistent 1.5 +/- MOA with practically everything I have shot in it. That includes 140 and 160 gr reloads and some older (wood grain box) Norma 156 and 139 gr factory ammo.

However, I would really appreciate y'all's input on what I believe is the year of manufacture. Most pre WWII M-S rifles have a xxxxx.xx format stamped under the wood where the last two digits after the decimal is the year of manufacture. My rifle doesn't have that. But, there is a '39' stamped on both the bbl and action:

I think these are the proof marks:

And, here are the bridge stampings:

If the 39 is the year of manufacture, then it was built after the German annexation. However, it is not marked as 'Made In Germany'. The 'Kal 6.5 Norm' sounds correct for that period.

So, was it made in 1939? Would love to hear your feedback and opinions.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rothhammer1
.400 member

Reged: 06/01/17
Loc: The Redwoods of California
Re: Verification wanted [Re: Hook]
      #314659 - 29/03/18 05:29 PM

It seems that you have a 'transitional' piece, perhaps made during Anschluss (Nazi occupation of Austria) of previously proofed parts.

The .39 seems right for a German proof date of 1939. The script 'EV' and 'Npv' marks, however, are Austrian proofs of the Vienna proof house. 'Made in Austria' began to appear on the front ring in '24 or '26 (not sure which, just now), my M1910 that was proofed in 1922 is not marked such.

It's interesting that the front ring is marked 'KAL 6.5 NORM' while the barrel and receiver are stamped 'C6.7' on the underside. That eagle is a bit 'odd' looking to me, as well.

Members Kuduae or Marblekonus have much more knowledge than I on these matters. Perhaps they'll weigh in?

Meanwhile, here's an image from the 1939 Stoeger catalog:

--------------------
Citizen of the Cherokee Nation

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: Verification wanted [Re: Rothhammer1]
      #314665 - 29/03/18 06:56 PM

Hook, as Rothhammer mentioned it you probably own a 'transitional' piece that went out the factory after the Anschluss but was made using existing pre-Anchluss factory stocks.

The rationale for my assessment is the following:
- Action still bearing the 'Made in Austria' that came into force after WW1 (but it took some years after 1918 to have all new rifles bearing this marking, probably due also to existing pre-WW1 factory stocks) until in theory the Anschluss in March 1938, from when all new rifles should have been marked 'Made in Germany' (again it took some time to have this enforced for multiple reasons).
- Mention of calibre 6,5x54 NORM ('NORM' stands I think for 'Normale Patrone'), which was the post-Anschluss marking for the earlier Austrian model, which was stamped M.1903 only instead of the caliber, as all M.1903 were in 6,5x54.
- In addition to the marking '39' (proofed in 1939) that your rifle bears, it also bear the marking representing a two-headed eagle with a shield on its chest; this marking was up to my knowledge only used post-Anschluss. You should also find a number in the shield on the eagle's chest, if it is '1' it is for Ferlach while '2' is for Vienna.

Of additional interest might be to see what the factory marking on the left side of your rifle's action is:
- Until 1924, the marking was 'Oesterr. Waffenfabr. Get. Steyr'
- From the M. 1924 model to the Anschluss, it was 'Steyr Werke A.G.'
- And from the Anschluss in March 1938 until production ceased at the end of WW2, it was 'Waffenfabrik Steyr'.
Again this is the theory but in practice, due to existing factory stocks and other production reasons, transition took some time to happen in some cases.

For information I own a M. 1924 in 7x64; this rifle bears:
- The Austrian Vienna proof marking NPv as well as the xxxx.28 (1928) factory number, so definitely pre-Anschluss.
- However it is also marked 'Made in Germany', '39', and 'Waffenfabrik Steyr' , all post-Anschluss markings.
So I assume this rifle was produced at Steyr in 1928 but was not proofed until 1939, hence the existence of both pre and post-Anschluss markings.

Anyway welcome to the Mannlicher Schoenauer maize!

Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: Verification wanted [Re: Louis]
      #314666 - 29/03/18 07:34 PM

Taking Louis' excellent analysis into account, I now wonder if your MS may not have left the Steyr factory until after WW2?

Perhaps it was assembled at or about 1939, 'pigeonholed' while wartime production (Under Hermann Goering) took precedence, and not sold until after the war. The 'double headed eagle' and even the 'KAL 6.5 NORM' may have been applied then?

I'm not finding any reference to that particular eagle proof on the 'net.

Again, I would defer to members Kuduae or Marblekonus for expertise.

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
      #314667 - 29/03/18 07:43 PM

because the Mannlicher Schönauer was an expensive rifle that don't sell by the wagonload I can imagine that this rifle was not in production day by day. probably by using the machinery for everything else
they made a run of the diferent parts from time to time when there was a need again. this parts were laying on stock just taken for the rifles they had an order to complete.
sometimes a part was forgotten and found again in the warehouse after some years.

just a theory

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314668 - 29/03/18 08:06 PM

Quote:

For information I own a M. 1924 in 7x64; this rifle bears:
- The Austrian Vienna proof marking NPv as well as the xxxx.28 (1928) factory number, so definitely pre-Anschluss.
- However it is also marked 'Made in Germany', '39', and 'Waffenfabrik Steyr' , all post-Anschluss markings.
So I assume this rifle was produced at Steyr in 1928 but was not proofed until 1939, hence the existence of both pre and post-Anschluss markings. Louis

Louis;

Is there any evidence of your M1924 ever having been stamped 'SEQUOIA'?

It has been my understanding that the original run of (quantities vary per source of information) MS rifles and carbines with the longer 'High Velocity' action were made as the M1924 in .30-'06 for export to the U.S. (Sequoia Importing Co.) and that unsold examples went back to Steyr, many to be rebarreled and chambered for cartridges more popular in Europe at the time.

Also, does the front sight on your M1908 show any sign of having been relocated, or does it appear as if the 'set back' is original?

--------------------

Hook
.224 member

#314681 - 30/03/18 02:13 AM

Quote:

Anyway welcome to the Mannlicher Schoenauer maize!

Louis

Boy, that is an understatement!

It seems the plot thickens somewhat.....here is the action rollmark:

According to your comments, this indicates a pre 1924 manufactured action. If so, this thing may have lain around the Steyr plant for many years before being put together and marketed. Or, maybe it was brought back into the plant, partially scrubbed, remarked, and rebuilt. Seems to be getting curiouser and curiouser.

Not that I am overly worried about it. This thing is dripping with cool factor, accurate beyond my expectations, and a pure joy to carry and shoot. I am looking forward to hunting season this Fall.

If I may, I wonder if any of you could give an opinion about the velocities I'm getting with it. My handloads all seem to be slower than what the limited load data indicates I should be getting. Top powder charges clock under 2100 fps with 160 gr RN and about 2150 fps +/- with 140 gr spire points. These velocities will certainly work on game and they are quite accurate in my rifle, but don't approach expected speeds.

Two weekends ago, I got quite a deal on a stash of Norma ammo from, I think, the 70s or so. The 156 gr RN clocked 2325 fps and the 139 gr pointed stuff did 2290 fps. The 156 gr was so high I asked Norma if they thought this ammo might have gone bad. The question was forwarded on to Sweden from Norma USA and the answer has not gotten back to me as yet. For those of you into such things, what sort of velocities are you getting? I have no intention of stressing this little gem, but do intend to hunt with it. A higher velocity would help trajectory to some degree.

Last question, is it proper to refer to this stutzen as a '1903' even if it is not so marked?

Igorrock
.400 member

Reged: 01/03/07
Loc: Finland
      #314700 - 30/03/18 07:21 AM

Quote:

Last question, is it proper to refer to this stutzen as a '1903' even if it is not so marked?

According the truth that yours rifle has pre-WWII shorter action with original caliber 6,5x54 I can´t see any reason why not. These model 1903 markings has just milled away when installing this fore mount for scope.

--------------------
http://promaakari.wordpress.com/

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: Verification wanted [Re: Igorrock]
      #314737 - 30/03/18 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

According the truth that yours rifle has pre-WWII shorter action with original caliber 6,5x54 I can´t see any reason why not. These model 1903 markings has just milled away when installing this fore mount for scope.

What he said, exactly.^

And "stutzen" is proper, indeed, in reference to the full stocked carbine.

I think you're fortunate to have a MS with such an interesting 'backstory'. Decoding her mysteries adds to the experience and satisfaction of ownership, no? An MS is not only one of the finest production sporting arms ever made, but yours is also dripping with history of the 'Anschluss'. If it was at the factory during the war, it may be a survivor of the allied bombings of Feb. 23-24, 1944.

It is truly a 'conversation piece'.

Q: Is it prewar or postwar?
A: Well, let me tell 'ya... .

Read the note beneath this image of DWM 477 from the 1939 Stoeger catalog;

This is why your 'Kal 6.5' is also marked 'C 6.7', as the measurements of metric cartridges was rather inconsistent prior to WW2. Some references measure lands, some grooves. Some measure case length from the base, some to top of case rim (6.5X54 to base = 6.5X53 to rim). The 9.5X57 has many names.

This may be helpful to know as you're searching for load data.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314744 - 30/03/18 06:52 PM

Quote:

If I may, I wonder if any of you could give an opinion about the velocities I'm getting with it. My handloads all seem to be slower than what the limited load data indicates I should be getting. Top powder charges clock under 2100 fps with 160 gr RN and about 2150 fps +/- with 140 gr spire points. These velocities will certainly work on game and they are quite accurate in my rifle, but don't approach expected speeds.

Some 6.5 MS ballistics data (factory loads) from the 1939 Stoeger:

From DWM -

And this -

The muzzle velocities listed on the 'English' chart are faster than what you have reported.

Louis
.375 member

#314746 - 30/03/18 08:31 PM

Rothhammer, some belated replies to your questions :

M1908. The set back front sight looks original ; please see http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat....true#Post289862 for full background details, text only as photos now held hostage by Photobucket.

M1924. My 7x64 does not bear any sign of having previously been a Sequoia 30-06, see the below photos. In fact I might be wrong when calling it M1924 in case this would only apply to Sequoia models, but until now I have called M1924 all models manufactured from 1924 in high velocity non MS-owned commercial calibers.

Louis

--------------------

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314747 - 30/03/18 09:13 PM

Quote:

Rothhammer, some belated replies to your questions :

M1908. The set back front sight looks original ;

M1924. My 7x64 does not bear any sign of having previously been a Sequoia 30-06, see the below photos. In fact I might be wrong when calling it M1924 in case this would only apply to Sequoia models, but until now I have called M1924 all models manufactured from 1924 in high velocity non MS-owned commercial calibers. Louis

I realized after posting that if your M1924 had been stamped 'SEQUOIA' originally but later rebarrelled, there would be no way to tell. The 'SEQUOIA' stamping would have been on the barrel itself.

Some references refer to the longer action MS's (other than the original .30-'06 M1924 'Sequoia') as M1924/25, M1925, or simply as 'High Velocity'.

web page

Stoeger seems to have listed everything MS over 41" overall length as 'High Velocity' in 1939, but they also had dropped the MS designations of M1903, 05, 08, 10. The 'High Velocity' rifles listed are all of the longer action (.30-'06, 7X64, 8X60, 9.3X62, and the coveted 10.75X68), but among the 'carbines' can also be found the .30-'06 and 7X57):

kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
      #314749 - 30/03/18 09:58 PM

Louis, there are technical differences between the M1924 .30-06 "Sequoia" model and the M1925 that came in 7x64, 8x60 Magnum (S), .30-06 and others. You have to look carefully, both outside and in, but they exist. As I own both, I ought to know. My own M1924 is Steyr serial number 299. The receiver ring inscription has been crudely altered from M1924 to KAL:7.62x63, the metric name of the .30-06.

Externally the M1924 is distinguishable by the "stubby" foreend, shorter ahead of the sling stirrup than on all other Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifle models. The M1924 has an unique Express type rear sight with three folding leaves, no standing one, marked 200, 300 and 400. The M1925 has the usual M-Sch standing rear sight with just one folding leaf marked 300.

More important is a different magazine design: Though the M1924 was the first M-Sch model with a cartridge guide ring inside the magazine, this guide ring is mounted more forward and is around the bullets of the cartridges, shown third from left in the photo below. In the M1925 and all subsequent M-Schs the cartridge guide ring is positioned farther back. It now grips the cartidges by case neck and shoulder, fourth from left is the one of my M1925 in 8x60 Magnum.

As the M1924 "Sequoia" model is so rare, only about 500 ever made, these differences are little known and go unnoticed by most. So usually M1925s in .30-06 are mistaken for M1924s.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

Re: Verification wanted [Re: kuduae]
      #314752 - 30/03/18 10:18 PM

I was hoping you would 'weigh in', Kuduae.

Your depth and breadth of knowledge on these matters far exceeds mine.

Stoeger, however, did list the "British style three leaf sight" on all of their 'High Velocity' offerings as standard equipment on the 1939 page above.

That is very interesting to know about the difference in magazine between the '24 and the '25, as well as the stock difference.

The stock forend on the rifle image you just posted rather resembles that of the takedown version.

--------------------

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314753 - 30/03/18 10:29 PM

A question for Kuduae:

What can you tell us about the 'double headed eagle' proof on the barrel of the OP's MS?

He shows an image of it in the original post:

--------------------

kuduae
.400 member

#314754 - 30/03/18 10:55 PM

Quote:

What can you tell us about the 'double headed eagle' proof on the barrel of the OP's MS?

This eagle for primary proof was used only for a short time, from 1938 to 1940. After the "Anschluss" it replaced the single headed eagle with hammer and sickle in the claws, the symbol of the 1918 - 1938 Austrian republic. From 1940 to 45 the Vienna, Ferlach and Weipert proofhouses used the then new German proofmarks.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314755 - 30/03/18 10:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

This eagle for primary proof was used only for a short time, from 1938 to 1940. After the "Anschluss" it replaced the single headed eagle with hammer and sickle in the claws, the symbol of the 1918 - 1938 Austrian republic. From 1940 to 45 the Vienna, Ferlach and Weipert proofhouses used the then new German proofmarks.

What is your best guess of when the original poster's rifle left the Steyr factory?

Would it likely have been 1939?

--------------------

kuduae
.400 member

#314757 - 30/03/18 11:36 PM

Steyr added to the confusion as they used a pic of the M1924 to advertise the M1925 Hochrasanz/High Velocity model. Making a new illustration was still expensive in the late 1920s. In Germany they offered left-over M1924s in the then here unpopular .30-06 chambering , with receiver ring inscription altered, alongside the new M1925, but at a 10% discount on the 7x64 and 8x60 chamberings.

In their 1929 catalog Steyr still used the illustration of the M1924. The description of the High Velocity model mentioned the standing rear sight with one folding leaf as "standard", while the 3 leaf express sight or a tangent rear sight were special order options.

kuduae
.400 member

#314758 - 30/03/18 11:40 PM

Quote:

What is your best guess of when the original poster's rifle left the Steyr factory?

Would it likely have been 1939?

Not a guess, as the proof date is marked as 39.

HistoricBore
.300 member

Reged: 28/09/11
Loc: United Kingdom
      #314762 - 31/03/18 12:29 AM

A fascinating debate so far. I might have missed it, but I cannot remember any serial number being quoted.

I say this because my 6.5 x 54 M. Sch. carbine is serial number 25,680, which is quite late, and it is clearly marked "Made in Germany", so must be post -1938 at least.

However I have never had the courage to take off the woodwork to look for the original proof marks...

HB

Hook
.224 member

Re: Verification wanted [Re: HistoricBore]
      #314769 - 31/03/18 01:22 AM

Sorry Historic, I meant to give the SN and got sidetracked. You are correct in the sequence as compared with yours. Mine is 251XX, which MAY indicate the switch to "Made in Germany" happened right after mine was built.

Obviously the factory claimed velocities are in the 2300+ fps range for the 160 gr RN. Velocity exaggerations were the norm here in the states until chronographs began appearing in everyone's range bag. Was the same true in Europe or were these velocities real world? I hoped some of you guys might be able to share your actual velocities with the stutzens, both with reloads and factory ammo.

It is beginning to look like Norma is not going to respond to my questions about their ammo's velocities. I'm pretty sure the 2325 fps with the 160 gr is safe and at least somewhat reasonable, but would like to hear them verify it.

Edited by Hook (31/03/18 01:26 AM)

Hook
.224 member

#314771 - 31/03/18 01:27 AM

And thanks once again for the educational session about my rifle. This is fascinating.....

kuduae
.400 member

#314773 - 31/03/18 03:19 AM

Quote:

Obviously the factory claimed velocities are in the 2300+ fps range for the 160 gr RN. Velocity exaggerations were the norm here in the states until chronographs began appearing in everyone's range bag. Was the same true in Europe or were these velocities real world?

Hook, go back to the nballistic tables above and use a pocket calculator. If you look close, you will see the 156 – 160 gr bullet ballistics are taken with very different barrel lengths. Claimed factory ballistics were just as off here as they were in the USA.
The English indeed claimed 2300 fps for the 160 gr bullet, but from an outsized 28.5" = 72.4 cm long barrel, as found only on pre-WW1 military rifles, but rarely on sporters. The German DWM load ballistics were taken from the traditional M-Sch Stutzen barrel length of 45 cm = 18". From such a short carbine barrel the 10.3 g = 159 gr DWM loads claimed 640 m/s = 2100 fps with 2.75 g = 42.4 gr of the obsolete R1 powder, 680 m/s = 2231 fps with the high pressure 2.9g = 44.8 gr R1 load. The 1940 RWS handbook listed the same loads, crediting them with 668 m/s = 2192 fps and 710 m/s = 2329 fps respectively from a 45 cm = 18" test barrel, but 729 m/s = 2391 fps and 774 m/s = 2539 fps from an 68 cm = 26.8" test barrel. The lower pressure 2.75 g load is the only one conforming to modern CIP standards and apparently very similar to the old English load. IMHO getting 2300 fps with a 160 gr bullet out of the 6.5x54 M-Sch and a 18" Stutzen barrel is possible, but not much more.

Louis
.375 member

#314777 - 31/03/18 06:15 AM

Kuduae, thank you very much for making clear the difference between M1924 and M1925 models. Louis

--------------------

Hook
.224 member

#314778 - 31/03/18 06:35 AM

Quote:

Kuduae, thank you very much for making clear the difference between M1924 and M1925 models. Louis

And, also thank you for all of those cool catalog pages. I always enjoy thumbing through old catalogs, but when the pages are about guns/hunting/outdoor stuff, it is even mobetter (South Alabama term).

I have been saving these pages to the file on my computer that contains all things Mannlicher-Schoenauer.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314784 - 31/03/18 12:38 PM

Quote:

I always enjoy thumbing through old catalogs, but when the pages are about guns/hunting/outdoor stuff, it is even mobetter (South Alabama term).

I have been saving these pages to the file on my computer that contains all things Mannlicher-Schoenauer.

Hook,

My purpose in posting here has been twofold - to gather information previously unknown to me about Mannlicher Schoenauer rifles and carbines, particularly of the pre ww2 vintage (and to dispell misinformation gathered in the past),and to share good, accurate information with others and for future generations.

Many thanks to Nitrox and 'crew' for providing this forum, and to Kuduae, in particular, thank you so much for sharing 'solid gold' information with all of us.

In addition to Hooks 'mo betta', let me add that Kuduae... 'you da man'!

--------------------

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314800 - 31/03/18 07:45 PM

Quote:

Here are pages 50-52 of the 1939 Stoeger catalog, complete:

--------------------

Hook
.224 member

#314809 - 01/04/18 05:55 AM

Roth, it's pretty neat that you are sharing pages from the 1939 catalog since that is the year of manufacture of my 1903. That makes those pages especially 'collectible' to me.

I did note that they refer to an 18" bbl on the 6.5X54 stutzen yet my bbl is 17.7". Only a 1/4" difference and I think the post war carbines were 18". My shorter bbl was probably just another 'transitional' anomaly. Or, it could be that they were just rounding to the nearest inch of length.

kuduae
.400 member

#314811 - 01/04/18 07:45 AM

Quote:

Or, it could be that they were just rounding to the nearest inch of length.

That's it! The Steyr people measured barrel length in centimeters, not inches. So for American catalogs the original measurements 45 cm = 17.716", 50 cm = 19.685" and 60 cm = 23.622" were listed as convenient 18, 20 and 24 inches. Post-WW2, a silly US law prescribed a minimum rifle barrel length of 18". So Steyr, in the interest of Stoeger, made the 6.5x54 barrels a wee bit longer to make them importable to the USA.

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314824 - 01/04/18 01:57 PM

Quote:

Roth, it's pretty neat that you are sharing pages from the 1939 catalog since that is the year of manufacture of my 1903. That makes those pages especially 'collectible' to me.

Well, I believe you're going to like this, then.

These are the relevant pages from the '39 Stoeger (scanned at 400dpi). Nitrox had to go back and retrieve the images after Photobomb did their thing a while back (click link below):

Stoeger 1939

I started to scan the entire catalog at 1200dpi, which I will share with Nitrox as a permanent archive. It's a 'round tuit' just now.

Ebay has been my source for '39 Stoeger catalogs. Check them out now and again and you may get lucky. I bought one for about $30 delivered with the intent of 'disassembling' it for scans, thought it was too nice to cut up and bought another for about $25 (just about as 'nice' as the first). I have since bought another just because it was in even better condition and cost about $20 USD.

Make sure they're originals, though. There have been reproductions printed on 'newsprint' paper which browns and turns brittle. Also, anything from Cornell Publications is a cheap, low quality 'reproduction'.

This is an original cover and spine:

The reprint:

This original is on Ebay now for $35.95 delivered:
Ebay

Here's a '34 at a good price, but it looks a bit 'rough around the edges':
1934 Stoeger

If you (or anyone) would like to see scans of any page of the '39 Stoeger (a particular firearm, load data, accoutrements...), let me know and I'll gladly post them.

Enjoy!

kuduae
.400 member

#314835 - 01/04/18 11:31 PM

Here are the original Mannlicher - Schoenauer ballistics as given in the 1929 Steyr catalog. But note the test barrel lengths given in the far left column. Velocities from 18" or 20" barrels are lower!

Hook
.224 member

#314836 - 02/04/18 12:19 AM

kuduae, you are an ENABLER! 1939 catalog above is now on it's way to my casa. Don't know if I'll get $36 worth of enjoyment from it, but I'm certainly going to find out!

Leaving now for Easter services. I hope that each of you will worship today.

Hook

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#314861 - 02/04/18 09:14 AM

Quote:

kuduae, you are an ENABLER! 1939 catalog above is now on it's way to my casa. Don't know if I'll get $36 worth of enjoyment from it, but I'm certainly going to find out!
Hook

You're 'blaming' the wrong guy... I was the culprit.

I have no doubt you'll get your $36 worth many times over. The '39 edition has 512 pages with all kinds of good stuff.

Did you check out the linked post?:

MS in 39 Stoeger

Hook
.224 member

#314880 - 02/04/18 01:39 PM

Well spit.....I certainly goofed on that one. Truth is that most of y'all are enablers. I kinda stumbled into this little stutzen and came here hoping to get educated on it. All of you have certainly done that, but you're also making me want to go hunt down some more of them. It's an affliction....

Hook
.224 member

#314881 - 02/04/18 01:41 PM

And yes, I had read that thread right after finding this forum.

Hook
.224 member

#315003 - 06/04/18 12:07 PM

The 1939 Stoeger catalog was here when I got in this evening. I will be occupied for a while....

Rothhammer1
.400 member

#315005 - 06/04/18 03:07 PM

Enjoy!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11072

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com