Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Lee Speed in the field

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Lee Speed in the field [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #294452 - 29/01/17 11:09 PM

Lovely rifle. Not a bad set of horns on the billy too.

There were or are still a lot of feral goats in the Flinders Ranges. Probably escapees or released from mines, sheep station escapees etc. They do very well there. Haven't hunted there for a long time for goats. Have just been recently thinking I would like to find a place or two again. Trouble is as said, the landowners can sell the goats for good money. Hell I would pay a reasonable amount for a few goats, just to climb around the valleys, cliffs and ridges again. A problem is none of the landowners think you will just shoot a handfull. Just like in the old days, they wanted huge mobs bombed up, and didn't like you shooting only a handfull, their thinking still can comprehend any different result. Well probably not all of them. I would like to hunt good spectacular rugged country which is also the harder country to muster by motorbike.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JohnK
.275 member

Reged: 02/12/06
Loc: Australia
Re: Lee Speed in the field [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #294489 - 30/01/17 05:29 PM

Quote:

JohnK, I notice that you have a screw at the rear of the quarter rib holding it down. Is there another one under the fixed leaf holding down the front ?

Waidmannsheil.

I actually can't answer that question. It was all left to the gunsmith. I know he made the quarter rib and that it is silver soldered on. I don't know what is under the rear sight. Sorry.

--------------------
JohnK

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6840

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com